Generally, stocks are bifurcated into four categories based on their market capitalization: Large cap, Mid cap, Small cap and Penny Stocks. Large and mid-cap stocks offer lower risks and lower returns, but on the other hand, if we look at the small cap and penny stocks, these are considered risky but if invested properly offers great returns.
Small cap stocks are generally under-researched and hence under-priced. These stocks are generally regarded as bargain investments because of their low valuations and potential to grow in order to transition to mid or large cap stocks.
Now letâs have a look at some of the small cap stocks on the ASX.
STEMify Limited (ASX: SF1)
STEMify Limited is engaged in the business of designing and distribution of 3D printers and associated products for the desktop segment of the 3D printing industry and the delivery of integrated STEM solutions by combining the use of 3D printers and MyStemKits curriculum.
Company Reports 75% Higher quarter on quarter Operating Cash Receipts for September 2019 Quarter
STEMify Limited has announced the financial highlights for the three months ended 30th September 2019.
- The company reported operating cash receipts of US$400k for the quarter; 75% higher than in the previous quarter;
- Operating loss came at about US$25k for the quarter, which was a 50% improvement on the prior quarter;
- As per the company, it is in position to deliver breakeven performance in December 2019 quarter;
- MyStemKits expanded into 46 States while new Tier 1 resellers were onboarded and have started delivering sales.
Net Cash Flow (US$), (Source: Company Reports)
An Unmarketable Parcel Sale Facility Established by STEMify
The company has announced that for holders with parcels of fully paid ordinary shares in SF1, it has made an Unmarketable Parcel Sale Facility, with each parcel valued below $500.
The stock of SF1 closed the dayâs trading at $0.032 per share on 6th November 2019, down 8.571% from its previous closing price. The company has a market capitalisation of $5.32 million. The total outstanding shares of the company stood at 151.97 million. The stock has given a total return of 59.09% and 59.09% in the time period of 3 months and 6 months, respectively.
Living Cell Technologies Limited (ASX: LCT)
Living Cell Technologies Limited is engaged in developing, discovering and commercialising regenerative treatments, which include naturally occurring cells to restore function, to improve the wellbeing of people suffering from serious diseases worldwide.
Cash Flow Report for Quarter Ended 30 September 2019
Living Cell Technologies reported cash balance of $3.3 million compared to $4.9 million in the previous quarter and the net operating cash flow in the quarter was $(1,492,377) compared to $(345,725) in the previous quarter.
Receipts from grants and tax incentives were $284,468 (previous quarter $218,045). Operating payments were $1,862,272 compared to $602,910 in the previous quarter. Payments were incurred for initiating the Migraine and Obesity project with Auckland University and continued monitoring and analysis of data in the NTCELL in Parkinsonâs disease studies.
The stock of LCT closed the dayâs trading at $0.019 per share on 6th November 2019, down 9.524% from its previous closing price. The company has a market capitalisation of $12 million. The total outstanding shares of the company stood at 571.44 million. The stock has given a total return of -16% and -56.25% in the time period of 3 months and 6 months, respectively.
Kogi Iron Limited (ASX: KFE)
Kogi Iron Limited is an iron ore exploration company, engaged in test work activities and evaluation studies at the Agbaja Cast Steel Project in Kogi state, Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Quarterly Activities Highlights for the Three Months Ended 30th September 2019
- The company is proceeding with raising a total of $10 million for the BFS as well as Working Capital to take the project to financial close;
- It continues its negotiations with various parties regarding this targeted amount and will update shareholders when definitive agreements have been reached;
- At the end of the quarter, the company had cash at bank of $441,000;
- As at 30 September 2019 the company had 663,548,234 fully paid ordinary shares and 142,328,948 Listed Options on issue.
The stock of KFE closed the dayâs trade at $0.060 per share on 6th November 2019, up by 15.385% from its previous closing price. The company has a market capitalisation of $34.5 million. The total outstanding shares of the company stood at 663.55 million. The stock has given a total return of 1.96% and -37.35% in the time period of 3 months and 6 months, respectively.
Metallica Minerals Limited (ASX: MLM)
Metallica Minerals Limited is an Australian resource development company, with interests in silica sands, gold-copper and graphite.
Outlook for December 2019 Quarter
In December 2019 quarter the company will focus on:
- Conducting an exploration program at the Cape Flattery Silica Sands tenement, including discussions with the local traditional owner group;
- Reviewing development options in relation to the Urquhart Bauxite Project, including logistics arrangements with third parties;
- To continue to monitor Metallicaâs involvement in the Wagina Project in the Solomon Islands;
- Finalising the Voluntary Administration of Nornico Pty Ltd
Metallica finished the September 2019 quarter with $2.3 million in cash and without any debt.
The stock of MLM closed the dayâs trading at $0.015 per share on 6th November 2019, flat against its previous closing price. The company has a market capitalisation of $4.86 million. The total outstanding shares of the company stood at 323.89 million. The stock has given a total return of -11.76% and -11.76% in the time period of 3 months and 6 months, respectively.
DomaCon Limited (ASX: DCL)
DomaCom Australia Limited is the owner and operator of the DomaCom investment platform (www.domacom.com). This platform pursues to provide the opportunity to make fractional investments in a range of asset classes including property related investments to the SMSF market and other long-term investors.
DomaCom Reaches an Agreement with ATO
DomaCom Limited (ASX: DCL) had an agreement with the Australian Tax Office (ATO) under several conditions which are listed below.
- The ATO will not apply submission resources concerning the Sole Purpose Test (SPT) for an investment by an SMSF into a DomaCom sub-fund that owns a residential property;
- The platform will record this declaration and make it available to the ATO and SMSF auditors;
- Amendments to the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and Supplementary SPDS for the DomaCom Fund covering the SPT Declaration;
- Amendment to the DomaCom Platform to allow trustees to make a SPT Declaration when making an investment;
The stock of DCL closed the dayâs trading at $0.100 per share on 6th November 2019, down 23.077% from its previous closing price. The company has a market capitalisation of $26.29 million as on 6th November 2019. The total outstanding shares of the company stood at 202.22 million. The stock has given a total return of 44.44% and -7.14% in the time period of 3 months and 6 months, respectively.
This website is a service of Kalkine Media Pty. Ltd. A.C.N. 629 651 672. The website has been prepared for informational purposes only and is not intended to be used as a complete source of information on any particular company. Kalkine Media does not in any way endorse or recommend individuals, products or services that may be discussed on this site. Our publications are NOT a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold. We are neither licensed nor qualified to provide investment advice.