Kalkine Media LLC and its affiliates (“Kalkine Media,” “we,” “our,” and/or “us”) own and operate this website (“Website”), our mobile or software applications (“App”), and related services (collectively, our “Services”).
Information We Collect:
The types of information that we may collect from you will depend on the nature of your interaction with us but will ordinarily include:
- contact information, such as your first and last name, email address, mailing address and phone number;
- unique identifiers such as username, account number and password;
- preference information and marketing preferences.
We may collect a variety of information from or about you or your devices from various sources, as described below.
A. Information You Provide to Us.
Registration and Profile Information. If you sign up for an account, register to use our Services, register to obtain a free report or to attend online events, sign up for notifications or updates, or participate in our surveys or competitions, we ask you for your name, email address, phone number, and password.
Communications. If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you. For example, when you contact us for customer support, we will receive your name, email address, phone number, the contents of a message or attachments that you may send to us, and other information you choose to provide. If you subscribe to our newsletter, then we may collect certain information from you, such as your email address and phone number. When we send you emails, we may track whether you open them to learn how to deliver a better customer experience and improve our Services.
Call Information. We facilitate phone calls between Members and Kalkine Media customer sales representatives. We receive information about these communications, such as the date and time of the call and the parties’ phone numbers. We may also monitor and/or record the contents of these calls for quality assurance and compliance monitoring purposes. You will be given notice that your call may be recorded, and by proceeding you agree to allow us to monitor and/or record your call. If you do not want the call to be monitored and/or recorded, then you can let us know.
B. Information We Collect When You Use Our Services.
Device Information. We receive information about the devices and software you use to our Services, including IP address, operating system version, internet browser type, application installations and device identifiers.
Usage Information. To help us understand how you use our Services and to help us improve them, we automatically receive information about your interactions with our Services, like the pages or other content you view, the searches you conduct, purchases you make, your comments, any content you post, and the dates and times of your visits.
Information from Cookies and Similar Technologies. We and third-party partners collect information using cookies, pixel tags, or similar technologies. Our third-party partners, such as analytics and advertising partners, may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across different services. Cookies are small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to our Services. For more information on cookies and how to opt out, please see the “Your Choices” section below.
Advertising and marketing. We conduct banner advertising on our various website(s) where individuals put their details (First Name, Last Name, E-mail Address and Phone Number). Information collected via these advertising campaigns is used to generate sales and gather useful marketing information. Our sales team will make direct sales telephone calls to individuals who have shown their interest in our products and Services via different banner advertisements with the objective of making sales. We call our existing subscribers to re subscribe them to our Services. By submitting their information an individual agrees to the marketing and sales initiatives. We would be sending e-mails to individuals who have shown interest in our products and services.
C. Information We Receive from Third Parties.
We may also collect information about you from:
- Affiliates. We may receive information about you from our affiliates to include our related companies located in Australia, New Zealand, India, the United Kingdom and Canada;
- Authorized representatives. We may receive information about you from someone duly authorised to act on your behalf;
- Law enforcement agencies. We may receive information about you, such as name, email address, or phone number, from law enforcement agencies and other government entities;
- Vendors and Service Providers. We may receive information about you from our third-party suppliers and contractors who assist us to operate our business, such as our call centre operators who will communicate to us the information you provide if you speak to a call centre representative;
- Information from third party services. If you choose to link our Services to a third-party account or engage with us on social media, we may receive information about you, including your profile information and your photo, and your use of the third-party account. If you wish to limit the information available to us, you should visit the privacy settings of your third-party accounts to learn about your options; and
- Other third parties. We may receive additional information about you, such as demographic data, from third parties such as data and marketing partners and combine it with other information we have about you.
How We Use the Information We Collect:
We use the information we collect for the purposes of providing you with our Services and for our internal business purposes. These purposes include (but are not limited to):
- Registering, setting up and managing accounts.
- Sending order confirmations.
- Providing, maintaining, improving, or enhancing our Services
- Providing content including but not limited to our banner advertisements, online and in-situ events, branding/ promotional and social media campaigns, CEO interviews, brand promotions, guest posts, news and reporting services.
- Sending you notifications about our Services.
- Communicating with you, providing you with updates and other information relating to our Services, responding to your questions, comments and requests.
- To display content you subscribe to or select based on your interests.
- Marketing and advertising our products and Services (and those of our related companies) and providing you with information and updates such as newsletters or offers of promotional events or opportunities (such as competitions or surveys) that you may be interested in.
- To understand and analyse how you use our Services and develop new products, services, features, and functionalities.
- To generate reports based on anonymized, aggregate data containing only de-identified, non-personal information that we may use for any purpose.
- To find and prevent fraud, identify and investigate any suspicious use of our Services, and to respond to trust and safety issues that may arise.
- For our internal business and management processes, for example, to conduct research and analysis, improve our Services and for accounting or auditing purposes.
- For compliance purposes, including enforcing our Terms and Conditions or other legal rights, or as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or as requested by any judicial process or governmental agency;
- For any other purposes that would reasonably be expected by you; and
- For other purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time the information is collected.
How We Share the Information We Collect:
Vendors and Service Providers. We may share any information we receive with vendors and service providers in connection with the provision of our Services. For example, we may provide your information to business support service providers, web-hosting service providers, cloud storage providers, mailing houses and information technology providers. Your information may also be provided to our lawyers, accountants, auditors and other third parties (such as but not limited to I.T. providers) who provide services to us or act on our behalf, for the purposes of giving effect to the services you request from us or as necessary to conduct our business.
Analytics Partners. We use analytics services to collect and process certain analytics data. These services may also collect information about your use of other websites, apps, and online resources. To help us understand how you use our Services and to help us improve them, we automatically receive information about your interactions with our Services, like the pages or other content you view, the searches you conduct, your comments, any content you post, and the dates and times of your visits.
Advertising Partners. We work with third party advertising partners to show you ads that we think may interest you. Some of our advertising partners may be members of the Network Advertising Initiative (https://optout.networkadvertising.org) or the Digital Advertising Alliance (https://optout.aboutads.info). If you do not wish to receive personalized ads, please visit their opt-out pages to learn about how you may opt out of receiving web-based personalized ads from member companies. You can access any settings offered by your mobile operating system to limit ad tracking, or you can install the AppChoices mobile app to learn more about how you may opt out of personalized ads in mobile apps.
As Required By Law and Similar Disclosures. We may access, preserve, and disclose your information if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (a) comply with law enforcement requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (b) respond to your requests; or (c) protect your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety. For the avoidance of doubt, the disclosure of your information may occur if you post any objectionable content on or through the Services.
Consent. We may also disclose your information with your permission.
Our Services are hosted in the United States and intended for visitors located within the United States. If you choose to use the Services from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personal information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing. Also, we may transfer your data from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Services. By providing any information, including personal information, on or to the Services, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
If you inquire about one of your services with us, we may ask you to submit some additional information only to verify your identity. Remember, in this case we only ask you to confirm information you have already given us.
You have the right to contact us and ask what information we may hold about you. Before you can obtain access to any information held by Kalkine Media about you, your identity will first need to be verified.
We make reasonable efforts to protect your information by using physical and electronic safeguards designed to improve the security of the information we maintain. However, as no electronic transmission or storage of information can be entirely secure, we can make no guarantees about the security or privacy of your information.
Marketing Communications. By subscribing to our Services, you consent to being sent news and offers related to your subscription or that may suit your interests by Kalkine Media and other related companies. On occasion, we may use your mailing address for direct marketing purposes. If at any time you do not wish your mailing address to be used for direct marketing or receive news and offers from carefully selected organisations, please contact us directly via the Contact Us section below. You may also unsubscribe from our promotional emails via the link provided in the emails. Even if you opt out of receiving promotional messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us.
Do Not Track. There is no accepted standard on how to respond to Do Not Track signals, and we do not respond to such signals.
Check the “Help” menu of your browser for more information on how to change your cookie preferences. You may disable cookies or set your browser to alert you when cookies are being sent. If you do disable cookies, we may be unable to optimise your visit to our Services and you may experience some errors. Refer to your browser instructions or help screens to learn about these functions.
Web Beacons. When we send you emails, we may include a web beacon to allow us to determine the number of people who open our emails. When you click on a link in an email, we may record this individual response to allow us to customise our offerings to you. Web beacons collect only limited information, such as a cookie identifier, time and date of a page being viewed, and a description of the page on which the Web beacon resides (the URL).
Web beacons can be refused when delivered via email. If you do not wish to receive Web Beacons via email, you will need to disable HTML images or refuse HTML (select Text only) emails via your email software.
Third Party Links:
Kalkine Media LLC Office: One Market Spear Tower, 36th floor, San Francisco, California 94105, United States of America.
Last Updated: 20/04/2021