Kalkine Media Limited owns and operates this website (“Website”) and our related mobile or software application (“App”). References to ‘Kalkine Media’, ‘we’, ‘our’ and ‘us’ refer to Kalkine Media Limited.
What is Personal Information?
“Personal Information” means information or an opinion about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether that information or opinion is true or not or recorded in a material form or not.
How is your Personal Information collected?
We may collect Personal Information from you in variety of ways, including when you:
- sign-up for an account on our Website or via the App.
- register your name and contact details to obtain full access to news articles on our Website.
- register your name and contact details on our Website to obtain a free report from our related company, Kalkine Limited.
- register your name and contact details on our Website to receive a call about Kalkine Limited’s stock recommendation services from our related company, Kalkine Solutions Private Limited (Kalkine Solutions).
- update your account.
- contact our Customer Support desk.
- register to attend online events we hold.
- engage with us via our official social media pages, such as our Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn pages.
- contact us by phone, email, post or via our Website or App enquiry forms.
- subscribe to receive (by email and phone) our promotional offers and marketing materials and/or push notifications.
- provide your Personal Information in response to a banner advertising campaign; and
- sign-up to participate in surveys and competitions.
We may also collect certain non-Personal Information when you visit or use our Website or App and use our services.
What Personal Information do we collect?
We collect and hold Personal Information that is necessary for, or related to, one or more of our services or activities; or because it is required under a relevant law or regulation.
The types of Personal Information that we may collect from you will depend on the nature of your interaction with us but will ordinarily include:
- contact information, such as your first and surname, your email address and phone number.
- unique identifiers such as username, account number and password; and
- preference information, such as marketing preferences.
As is true of most websites, we automatically gather information about your computer such as your IP address, browser type, referring/exit pages, and operating system.
We conduct banner advertising on our various websites where individuals put their details (First name, Last name, e-mail address and phone number). Information collected via these advertising campaigns is used to generate sales and gather useful marketing information. Our sales team will make direct sales telephone calls to individuals who have shown their interest in our services via different banner advertisements with the objective of making sales. We call our existing subscribers to resubscribe them to our services. By submitting their information an individual agrees to the marketing and sales initiatives. We would be sending e-mails to individuals who have shown interest in our services about services offered by us.
From time to time, you may be able to visit our Website or App or deal with us anonymously or by pseudonym. However, please be aware that, if you do not provide us with certain information that we request, we may not be able to provide you with the services you require.
You can update your Personal Information by contacting us.
A cookie is a small file that can be placed on your device that allows us to recognize and remember you. It is sent to your browser and stored on your computer’s hard drive or tablet or mobile device.
Check the “Help” menu of your browser for more information on how to change your cookie preferences. You can always modify your browser so as not to accept cookies or to notify you when cookies are sent to it. If you do disable cookies, we may be unable to optimise your visit to our Website or App and you may experience some errors. Refer to your browser instructions or help screens to learn about these functions.
When we send you emails, we may include a web beacon to allow us to determine the number of people who open our emails. When you click on a link in an email, we may record this individual response to allow us to customize our offerings to you. Web beacons collect only limited information, such as a cookie identifier, time and date of a page being viewed, and a description of the page on which the Web Beacon resides (the URL).
Web Beacons can be refused when delivered via email. If you do not wish to receive Web Beacons via email, you will need to disable HTML images or refuse HTML (select Text only) emails via your email software.
Click here for more information on our Cookies Policy.
Who can access my Personal Information?
Only authorized employees of Kalkine Group have ongoing access to any information you provide. We may turn over any pertinent information to any law enforcement agency or regulator that has a demonstrable right and takes the proper steps to access it. Also, because Kalkine Media is a global company, your Personal Information may be shared with other Kalkine business units in Australia, India, New Zealand, and Canada. They will protect your Personal Information in accordance with the privacy laws and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal Information is used for the same purposes for which you have consented. We may also be required to provide access to records containing your Personal Information to our lawyers, accountants, auditors and other third parties (such as but not limited to I.T. providers) who provide services to us or act on our behalf, for the purposes of giving effect to the services you request from us or as necessary to conduct our business.
Where your Personal Information is disclosed to third parties, we will ensure that those third parties have privacy policies broadly equivalent to our policy.
If you inquire about one of your subscriptions, we may ask you to submit some additional information only to verify your identity. Remember, in this case we only ask you to confirm information you have already given us.
If we sell or purchase any business or assets, your Personal Information may be disclosed to the prospective buyer/seller. If our business (or substantially all of our assets) is acquired by a third party, your Personal Information held by Kalkine Media may be an asset which is transferred to the buyer.
You have the right to contact us and ask what information we may hold about you. Before you can obtain access to any information held by Kalkine Media about you, your identity will first need to be verified. A fee may apply for such access.
What if some of the information held is incorrect?
We endeavor to keep all information about you up to date. If you believe any information held is incorrect or if you wish to exercise any of your rights in relation to your Personal Information or if you have any queries about how we use your Personal Information, please contact us at: [email protected].
Consent to Use and Disclosure of your Personal Information
We aim to use any data to include the provision of email and other internet-based communications containing relevant financial and investment news. By providing your email address, you consent to receiving the latest articles and reports from Kalkine Media and our partners. It is a requirement that all newsletters, updates, and special reports be sent electronically. If you no longer wish to receive these services, you may request to withdraw your consent by contacting our customer services department.
We will never share or sell your email address to third parties for marketing purposes. We may occasionally send you advertisements, but they will come from or be related to the e-letter where you signed up.
Our email marketing is permission based. If you received a mail from us, it is because you are a subscriber or have otherwise agreed to be contacted by providing your consent for marketing purposes. You may unsubscribe at any time by post, by phone, or by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email.
Use of Personal Information
We may use your Personal Information for the purposes of:
- registering, setting up and managing accounts.
- providing our services, including our articles, news, and other services.
- sending you notifications about our services.
- responding to your questions, comments, and requests and to otherwise provide customer services.
- to display content based on your interests.
- marketing our services (and those of our related companies) and providing you with information and updates such as newsletters or offers of promotional events or opportunities (such as competitions or surveys) that you may be interested in.
- the prevention of fraud and/or identifying and investigating any suspicious use of our Website or App or services.
- for our internal business and management processes, for example, to conduct research and analysis, improve our services and for accounting or auditing purposes.
- for any other purpose to allow us to comply with our obligations under law; and
- for any other purposes that would reasonably be expected by you.
Legal basis for processing of Personal Information
We only collect, use, and process your Personal Information where we have lawful grounds to do so under the data protection laws and we are required to inform you of which lawful grounds we are relying upon to process your Personal Information.
Necessary for performance of a contract – We use your Personal Information to provide access to and to deliver our services to you. Where you sign up with us for our services, we will be processing your Personal Information on the basis that it is necessary for us to do so in order to perform the contract between us. We will not be able to provide you with requested services if we are not provided with certain basic information about you, which will be indicated by the mandatory fields in our online forms.
Legitimate Interest – We may collect and process Personal Information for our legitimate business interests. Our business interest includes improvement and development of the products and services within our business. When we process Personal Information to meet our legitimate business interests, we put in place robust safeguards to ensure that your privacy is protected and that in our judgement the processing does not result in any impact on your rights and freedoms, including your right to privacy, which would override our interests.
Explicit Consent – For certain processing purposes, we may request your explicit consent to authorize the processing of your Personal Information. If we ask for your specific consent to process your Personal Information on call or through banner advertisement or online forms, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us.
Where is your Personal Information stored?
You can ask us to
- Provide a copy of your Personal Information.
- Correct your Personal Information.
- Erase your Personal Information but we will only honor such request where this policy otherwise permits us to do so; and
- Restrict processing of your Personal Information.
- You can also object to some processing of your Personal Information, including in relation to direct marketing. If you want to exercise any such right, kindly contact us at: [email protected].
We will keep your Personal Information for as long as we have a relationship with you and thereafter for up to five years after our contractual arrangements have terminated as required by our regulator. We will retain your Personal Information to enable us to:
- maintain business records for analysis and/or audit purposes.
- comply with record retention requirements under the law.
- defend or bring any existing or potential legal claims; and
- deal with any complaints regarding our products or services.
We will delete your Personal Information when it is no longer required for these purposes. If there is any information that we are unable to delete entirely from our systems, due to technical reasons, we will put in place appropriate measures to prevent any further processing or use of the information.
If you require additional information on our data retention policies, please contact us
Kalkine Media Limited
63, St Mary Axe, London, EC3A 8AA
Email: [email protected]
If you are concerned about an alleged breach of privacy law or any regulation, you can directly contact us. If you are further not satisfied with the way in which Kalkine Media has resolved your issue, you have the right to complain to the data protection authority in your country.
For the purpose of the “Data Protection Law”, the data controller is: Kalkine Media Limited, Company No. 12643132.
Last Updated: 3/22/2021