- Tether tokens have gone a long way from being the first stablecoin to becoming the most widely used and traded tokens by volume.
- A stablecoin is a cryptocurrency whose value is linked to an external asset, such as gold and the U.S. dollar, to maintain price stability.
- The crypto market is risky and highly volatile, implying that cryptos can fluctuate by 40-50%, even 100%, in a single day. USDT, however, is immune to these price swings, making it a safe haven for investors.
Tether tokens (USDT) have gone a long way from being the first stablecoin to becoming the most widely used and traded tokens by volume. A group of Bitcoin enthusiasts launched Tether in 2014. Tether tokens are a forerunner in the digital usage of conventional currencies and a disruptor to the traditional financial system.
A stablecoin is a cryptocurrency whose value is linked to an external asset, such as gold and the U.S. dollar, to maintain price stability.
Moreover, Tether also empowers and backs burgeoning initiatives across the blockchain ecosystem. USDT is the most extensively used stablecoin on major exchanges and wallets.
In this article, we’ll look at the unique qualities of the Tether crypto that make it a safe haven for investors.
Which Unique Features Make Tether Crypto A Haven For Investors ?
How does the Tether crypto work?
Tether tokens are digital currencies based on numerous prominent blockchains, including Solana, Algorand, Tron, Bitcoin Cash’s Simple Ledger Protocol (SLP), Liquid Network, Ethereum, Omni and EOS. USDTs are redeemed and issued via these transport protocols, which are made up of open-source software that connects with blockchains.
Tether was formed with the intention of using the Bitcoin network, specifically Omni Layer, as its transport protocol. As the original version of Tether is based on the Bitcoin blockchain, it benefits from the longest running blockchain network’s inherent security and stability.
Moreover, Tether is the newer transport layer created on the Ethereum blockchain as an ERC20 token. Now, Tether tokens can be found in Ethereum decentralised applications or smart contracts.
Which are the unique features of Tether cryptos?
- Tether ensures USDT’s value remains tied to the U.S. dollar, making it a one-of-a-kind crypto.
- Tether has made strides by enabling users to trade with traditional currencies throughout the blockchain without difficulty and instability linked with digital currencies.
- Tether has modernised cross-border transactions throughout the blockchain network by being the first blockchain-enabled platform to ease the digital usage of conventional currencies.
- The crypto market is risky and highly volatile, implying that cryptos can fluctuate by 40-50% in a single day. USDT, however, is immune to these price swings, making it a safe haven for investors.
- USDT facilitates the exchange of U.S. dollars between countries via blockchain. There is no need to rely on costly and sluggish intermediaries like financial services providers or banks.
Recent Article: Why these gaming cryptos are gaining the limelight
Although Tether crypto is classified as a stablecoin, investors should exercise caution while investing in digital currencies since it is fraught with risk, and scammers are constantly waiting to steal your money.
Recent Article: What is UFO Gaming (UFO) and why was it in news this week?