This show gives a glimpse of global market performance, and the factors driving different markets, including the US, the UK, Australia and the Asian markets. Watch Global Market Roundup on Kalkine TV and stay updated.
• A positive jobs report drove U.S. stocks modestly higher Friday, but a parallel rise in Treasury yields signalled a downside: this good news could push the Federal Reserve to curtail its massive stimulus policies faster than expected.
• The Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.41%, the S&P 500 gained 0.17%, and the Nasdaq Composite dropped 0.4%.
• Nasdaq edged lower after the shares of tech giants such as Amazon, Microsoft, and Apple retreated.
• The nonfarm payrolls rose to 943,000 from 938,000 in June as demand for workers rose in the services industry.
• The pan-regional STOXX 600 index notched a fifth straight record high to gain 1.8% for the week.
• The yield on the benchmark ten-year note climbed up. The yield on Australian bonds closed at 1.18% for the 10-year note.
• Spot prices dipped 2.4%. US gold futures fell 2.57%.