BAE Systems Plc (LON: BA.) has been awarded contracts worth over $30 million from the US Navy.
- The contract is for two Arleigh Burke class destroyers for Consolidated Afloat Network Enterprise Services (CANES).
- Under the first order, which is expected to complete by February 2022, the company will produce fully integrated CANES racks for two command ships.
- BAE Systems has stated that the Group's US-based portfolio remains well-aligned to customer priorities and growth areas and Joe Biden’s victory would not dent weapons orders from the US.
- The company had recently invested in state-of-the-art Industry 4.0 tools to equip its smart factory in Warton, England.
- On 12 November 2020, the stocks of the company declined by 1.45% from its previous closing, hovering at around GBX 468.60 at 09:08 AM GMT+1.