October 26, 2020 09:20 AM GMT
Sensyne Health Plc enters a non-exclusive SRA with MKUH
Sensyne Health Plc (LON: SENS) has signed a five-year non-exclusive SRA (Strategic Research Agreement) with Milton Keynes University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust (MKUH).
- The agreement with MKUH will facilitate the ethical application of clinical AI research to enhance patient care and step up research into new medicines.
- As per the agreement, MKUH will get 1,428,571 ordinary shares in the company representing 1.1 per cent of the existing issued share capital.
- The company also has SRAs with South Warwickshire NHS Foundation Trust, Wye Valley and George Eliot NHS Trusts, Chelsea & Westminster Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
- On 26 October 2020, the stocks of the company surged by 5.66% from its previous closing, hovering at around GBX 112.00 at 08:13 AM GMT+1.
October 26, 2020 09:19 AM GMT
Rio Tinto Plc seeks court approval for sell of partner's share of diamonds
- Rio Tinto Plc (LON: RIO) a global miner has sought court authorization to sell its partner's share of diamonds from a mine in Northwest Territories of Canada.
- The company hopes to recover around C$120 million, plus legal fees and other costs with the sale.
- Rio Tinto which is the major partner of Diavik Diamond Mines Inc, owning 60 per cent, has said that the junior partner Dominion Diamond ULC owes them C$119.5 million, plus around C$2.4 million in fees.
- A court hearing on the application is scheduled in Calgary, Alberta on 30 October 2020. Rio has though made it clear that they will not bid on the minority interest.
- On 26 October 2020, the stocks of the company declined by 1.31% from its previous closing, hovering at around GBX 4,518.00 at 08:10 AM GMT+1.
October 26, 2020 09:14 AM GMT
Royal Mail Plc to hire 33k temporary staffs for the Christmas period
- Royal Mail Plc (RMG) is going to hire a record 33,000 additional workers for the Christmas period.
- The numbers of temporary, seasonal hiring are two-thirds more than the usual 15,000 to 23,000 staff it hires during October and January.
- The temporary jobs are mainly for sorting offices, delivery vans and data centres and will be supporting 115,000 postmen and women in permanent roles.
- Royal Mail has been making all efforts to capitalise on the surge in online shopping during the pandemic.
- On 26 October 2020, the stocks of the company declined by 0.92% from its previous closing, hovering at around GBX 247.20 at 08:09 AM GMT+1.
October 26, 2020 09:01 AM GMT
AfriTin Mining Limited achieves 39 tonnes of tin concentrate during September
AfriTin Mining Limited (LON: ATM) has released an operational update stating that it is continuing with the production ramp-up of its pilot mining and processing facility.
- During September 2020, the company has achieved 39 tonnes of tin concentrate, containing 27.5 tonnes of tin metal.
- The company remains on track to achieve nameplate production of 60 tonnes a month of tin concentrate by the end of the year.
- It’s phase 1 ramp-up continued, while work is progressing on the Stage II expansion study for the increased production of the Phase 1 Pilot Plant.
- On 26 October 2020, the stocks of the company surged by 2.33% from its previous closing, hovering at around GBX 2.20 at 08:14 AM GMT+1.
October 26, 2020 09:00 AM GMT
Inland Homes Plc expects revenue for FY 20 to be no less than £135.0 million
Inland Homes Plc (LON: INL), ahead of its preliminary results has released a trading update for the year ended 30 September 2020.
- The company is expecting the revenue for the year to be no less than £135.0 million as compared to £147.9 million for fifteen-month period to 30 September 2019.
- The company achieved a reduction of Net Debt to £138.3 million (including gross debt of £149.3 million, as compared to £152.3 million for 30 September 2019.
- The company was having cash and cash equivalents of £11.0 million as compared to £10.9 million as of 30 September 2019.
- On 26 October 2020, the stocks of the company improved by 1.92% from its previous closing, hovering at around GBX 53.00 at 08:12 AM GMT+1.
October 26, 2020 08:58 AM GMT
Coca-Cola European Partners Plc to acquire CCL
Coca-Cola European Partners Plc (LON: CCEP) has made a non-binding proposal to acquire Coca-Cola Amatil Limited (CCL).
- The company has proposed to acquire 69.2 per cent of the entire existing issued share capital of CCL from shareholders other than The Coca-Cola Company.
- CCL's Independent Shareholders would receive A$12.75 per share in cash, while the Coca-Cola Company would receive A$9.57 per share in cash for part of their shareholding.
- CCL is Asia Pacific’s one of the largest bottlers and distributors of ready-to-drink non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages and coffee.
- On 26 October 2020, the stocks of the company surged by 8.15% from its previous closing, hovering at around GBX 35:15 at 08:11 AM GMT+1.