- Radix is the world’s first layer-one protocol designed particularly for DeFi.
- Radix delivers a composable, secure-by-design and scalable platform with a DeFi-specific development environment, making it simple to build and deploy scaled DeFi.
- Radix has launched Scrypto, a programming language that allows for the safe and efficient creation of decentralised financial applications (dApps).
The crypto world is awash with a plethora of altcoins, with new cryptos being added every day. Each crypto showcases new features, marking the uniqueness of the coin.
In this article, we will talk about Radix crypto and its distinctive features.
What is Radix crypto and how does it work?
Radix operates as the world’s first layer-one protocol that delivers a composable, secure-by-design and scalable platform with a DeFi specific development environment, making it simple to build and deploy scaled DeFi.
Radix employs a new consensus method known as Cerberus to protect the network while also enhancing its performance, such as scalability, which may be desirable for certain applications.
Radix has its own smart contract execution environment, termed the Radix Engine, which allows developers to map corporate assets to pre-built Radix components.
RADIX allows effortless exit and entry to DeFi protocols as well as the Radix Blockchain itself.
The Radix Blockchain has built-in capabilities that allow projects to have liquidity pools or other methods that incentivise this.
In addition, Radix has added measures to facilitate the introduction of new participants.
Tokens - XRD and eXRD
Radix’s native currency is XRD that holders may use to earn inflation rewards by participating in the network’s Proof-of-Stake (PoS) consensus mechanism.
The crypto also has E-RADIX token (eXRD), which is a wrapped version of XRD on Ethereum. An ERC-20 token, E-Radix or eXRD can be swapped for mainnet XRD tokens eventually.
- eXRD is currently trading at US$0.1647 USD, with a market capitalisation of US$121.6 million on CoinMarketCap.
- It has a maximum supply of 4,410,000,000 coins. One can buy e-Radix from a cryptocurrency exchange including KuCoin, MEXC, BingX, Uniswap (V3), and Gate.io.
Recent Article: What makes the SOS token popular among investors?
What is Scrypto?
Radix has launched a new programming language named Scrypto, which allows for safe and efficient creation of decentralised financial applications (dApps). Radix dApps are built from Scrypto that run on the Radix Engine v2 execution environment.
In the vast world of cryptocurrencies, Radix stands apart due to its unique characteristic. Although, the crypto market is a high-risk and high-volatility environment. Before investing in cryptos, investors should do their own due diligence.
Recent Article: Should investors be wary of North Korea's crypto crimes?