- Dark Horse, exploring for large gold deposits in prospective mineral provinces, holds high-grade gold projects in Argentina and is progressing well on the acquisition of new projects in tier 1 mining jurisdictions.
- DHR is managed by mining professionals with a history of value adding through exploration and mine development.
- Board and management team at DHR holds significant combined project generation and exploration, capital market, legal, financial and corporate management, and South American market experience.
Dark Horse Resources (ASX:DHR), an experienced gold exploration company, holds interests in the high-grade Las Opeñas and Cachi gold projects in underexplored Argentinian mineral provinces hosting world-class mines. The Company is currently advancing on the acquisition of gold and tungsten projects in Finland and Sweden, respectively. DHR has rolled out its 2020 strategy for business re-positioning with the diversification of its portfolio across new geographies.
The explorer is led by an experienced board and management team holding successful track record of growing firms to mid or major scales. A strong blend of technical and management team forms the strong foundation for Dark Horse.
Let us get acquainted with DHR Board and Management Team.
Nicholas Mather holds 35 years of experience working with junior mineral resource sector players at all levels, creating and growing resource companies from smallest scales to currently at ~US$6.8 billion. Mr Mather specialises in creating and identifying undervalued or unrecognised opportunities in the resource exploration field.
Presently, Mr Mather also serves as CEO of SolGold plc, an emerging gold exploration company, and CEO and founder of DGR Global Limited (ASX:DGR). He also sits on the Board of IronRidge Resources, AusTin Mining Limited (ASX:ANW), Armour Energy Limited (ASX:AJQ) and Lakes Oil.
Few of his numerous successive stints in the past include-
- Co-founded and was Executive Director of Arrow Energy NL, acquired for US$3.5 billion by Shell and PetroChina in 2010.
- Founded and led Waratah Coal Inc. as Chairman until acquisition for US$130 million in 2008.
- Co-founded and was Non-Executive Director of Bow Energy Limited until acquisition by Arrow Energy Pty Ltd for US$550 million.
- His tenure at BeMaX Resources as CEO witnessed the Pooncarie Mineral Sands Project discovery, later acquired for £350 million.
- Founding director of Orbis Gold, acquired for $178 million
David Mason is a seasoned professional with 40 years of experience across corporate, management, and mineral exploration and mining domains across Australia, New Zealand, South East Asia, East Africa and South America.
Mr Mason, who serves as Managing Director and CEO of DHR, is also a member of DGR Global Group, which focuses on the exploration of mineral resources in South America.
His extensive experience across the globe, especially South America, is critical for the development of strong portfolio of lithium and gold projects hosted by Dark Horse in Argentina.
His prior experience includes-
- Executive director roles at Intra Energy Corporation Limited (ASX:IEC), Overseas & General Limited (ASX:OGL) and Altura Mining (ASX:AJM)
- Held executive director role at Swabara Group, which developed the Adaro Indonesia coal mine, 1,260MW thermal Paiton Power Station and the Pulau Laut shipping terminal.
Jason Beckton holds more than 25 years of corporate and geological experience across Americas, Europe, Australia and China.
He is a founder and Managing Director of Prospech Limited, an exploration company with key gold and silver projects in Central Europe. Mr Beckton also serves as Director of Redhill Australia Pty Ltd, which managed and developed firms in Chilean districts of Magallanes and Ibanez, and Sambas Energy Pty Ltd, which acquired Tigers Minerals’ coal assets in southern Chile and later optioned them to a publicly listed firm.
Mr Beckton’s key appointments in the past include-
- Management of Exeter Resource Corporation’s 30Moz gold eq. Caspiche Porphyry Project discovery in the Maricunga Gold Copper Belt of Chile
- Served as Project Manager for the Palmarejo Silver Gold Project in Mexico of Bolnisi Gold N.L., with the project growing to hold a resource base of more than 3 Moz gold equivalent
- Served as Managing Director of Chinalco Yunnan Copper Resources, which explored at the Mt Isa, Lao and Chilean copper districts.
Holding an LLB Hons degree from the University of Queensland, Brian Moller is a corporate lawyer with extensive experience across capital raising, mergers and acquisitions, corporate regulations and governance. Besides being a member of the Australian Mining and Petroleum Law Association, he is a corporate partner with the prestigious law firm HopgoodGanim and acts on behalf of many listed resource and industrial companies.
Priy Jayasuriya holds a more than two-decade experience as a chartered accountant with commercial and Big4 accounting firms. Mr Jayasuriya has worked across varied sectors in global geographies including Australia, Singapore and the US, supporting firms with his expertise in internal control, due diligence, financial reporting, corporate governance and statutory compliance. His vast experience also includes mergers and acquisitions.
He is a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia and holds a Bachelor of Commerce Degree from the University of Queensland.
Karl Schlobohm is an accounting professional with over two decades of experience across various sectors. Mr Schlobohm is a certified chartered accountant and holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce and Economics and a Master’s Degree in Taxation.
In the past, he held CFO roles with publicly listed resource firms including Discovery Metals Limited and Meridian Minerals Limited (ASX:MEZ), and as Company Secretary of Linc Energy Limited, Agenix Limited, Global Seafood Australia Limited and Discovery Metals Limited.
At Dark Horse Resources, Mr White is focused on the economic development of necessary infrastructure at the Company’s Argentinian lithium and gold projects.
He holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Accounting from the Queensland University of Technology and an MBA degree from the University of Queensland. Mr White holds over three decades of experience across the power, transmission/distribution, oil & gas, mining and major infrastructure sectors in Australia, Asia and Europe.
Currently, he also serves as Managing Director of DHR’s wholly owned subsidiary Dark Horse Energy Pty Ltd, which targets thermal and renewable power generation. He is also Executive Director at New Energy Capital, which focuses on the development of energy infrastructure within Australia and overseas.
In the past, he held key executive positions at Halliburton, KBR, Tarong Energy and Territory Generation.
Marcelo Sanchez holds a degree in chemical engineering from the La Plata University and an MBA from the Salvador University. He has vast experience of over 30 years in the Argentine engineering and mining sector, with a management, corporate and project development background.
In the past, Mr Sanchez managed the development of Orocobre’s Olaroz lithium brine project from the initial development phase until the successful commencement of the Lithium Carbonate plant. He also served as Business Development Manager, engaged in the Borax commercial strategy management.
In a nutshell, the DHR team members have high-calibre technical and management skills, critical element for the Company’s success.
DHR stock settled at AU$0.002 a share on 29 July 2020.
There is no investor left unperturbed with the ongoing trade conflicts between US-China and the devastating bushfire in Australia.
Are you wondering if the year 2020 might not have taken the right start? Dividend stocks could be the answer to that question.
As interest rates in Australia are already at record low levels, find out which dividend stocks are viewed as the most attractive investment opportunity in the current scenario in our report.