A recent update announced by the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) has revealed that the seasonally adjusted unemployment rate of the nation dipped by 0.1 per cent to 5.1 per cent in December 2019.
Moreover, the ABS reported the following statistics for December 2019:
- Underemployment rate stayed steady at 8.3 per cent.
- Employment rose by 28,900 people to 12,981,600 people.
- Part-time employment improved by 109,900 people since December 2018.
- Full-time employment climbed up by 152,700 people since December 2018.
- Monthly hours worked in all jobs also rose to 1,791.1 million hours.