On the close of market on 18th December 2019, the S&P/ASX200 stood at 6851.4 points, with a rise of 0.1 point. However, in the below article we will be discussing about the four stocks with bigger bites on ASX, possessing market capitalisation of more than $5 billion. These companies have big businesses in multiple regions as well as products. Let’s have a look at the four stocks under discussion.
Treasury Wine Estates Limited (ASX: TWE)
Treasury Wine Estates Limited is primarily engaged into international wine business. The company is also in the production, sales and distribution of wine.
TWE recently announced that BlackRock Group (BlackRock Inc. and subsidiaries) has made a change to their substantial holding in the company on 13th December 2019, and the current voting power stands at 7.22% in comparison to the previous voting power of 6.21%.
Also, TWE has appointed Ben Dollard for the role of President for the Americas operations. However, the new appointment would be effective from 13th January next year.
Highlights of 2019 AGM
The key personnel of the company addressed the shareholders and pointed out the following:
- Despite the challenges experienced by the company in FY19, the company was capable of delivering growth with the help of ongoing focus on premiumisation, competitively advantaged business models, and collaborative customer partnerships.
- The company maintains financial metrics that are consistent with an investment grade credit profile. In addition, the balance sheet of TWE continues to be efficient, flexible as well as strong.
- Treasury Wines declared a final dividend amounting to 20 cps, which was fully franked. This has taken the total dividend to 38 cps for FY19, reflecting a rise of 19% as compared to the previous year.
The stock of TWE last traded at a price of $16.760, with a rise of 0.419% on 18th December 2019. The stock of TWE has delivered returns of -9.64% and 12.01% within the time span of the last three months and six months, respectively.
Crown Resorts Limited (ASX: CWN)
Crown Resorts Limited (ASX: CWN) is an entity, which has a presence in the business of international casino and gaming entity. The company also has businesses and investments in key international markets. The company recently through a release has announced to pay interest of A$1.22 on security, which would be paid on 16th March 2020.
Crown, through a release dated 8th November 2019 announced that it has wrapped up the purchase of One Queensbridge Development Site. The company stated in the announcement dated 21 August 2019, that it had reached agreement in order to purchase the 50% ownership interest of Schiavello Group in the One Queensbridge development site and all pre-development assets.
Fall in Normalised EBITDA
The company recently released its results for financial year 2019, and outlined the following:
- The company reported normalised EBITDA amounting to $802 million, reflecting a fall of 8.7% and normalised net profit after tax stood at $369 million, indicating a decline of 4.7% as compared to the prior year.
- Operating margins were impacted by increased costs throughout properties, mainly labour costs during FY19.
- Also, the company happens to be committed to maintain an appropriate as well as efficient capital structure. The company possessed net debt balance amounting to $87 million at the end of the year. As a result of this, the balance sheet of the company was in a good position to deliver on its major focus areas, which included the construction of Crown Sydney.
The stock of CWN last traded at a price of $12.430, with a rise of 0.242% on 18th December 2019. The stock of CWN has delivered returns of 1.14% and 5% within the span of last three months and six months, respectively.
Coles Group Limited (ASX: COL)
Coles Group Limited (ASX: COL) is in the retailing of daily usage products like fresh food, groceries, household goods etc. Coles recently announced that The Vanguard Group, Inc, and its controlled entities has become a substantial holder in the company, with voting power of 5.007% on 26th November 2019.
Chairman’s Address to Shareholders
At the 2019 Annual General Meeting, the Chairman addressed the shareholders and pointed out the following:
- The Chairman of the company stated that several important initiatives have been taken during the year, which include two significant technology-based commitments in order to enhance its product offering as well as competitiveness.
- From continuing operations, the company reported total sales revenue amounting to $38.2 billion and net profit after tax of $1.078 billion for the financial year ended 30 June 2019.
- Coles declared a total fully franked dividend amounting to 35.5 cps, which comprises 24 cps as a final dividend for 2H FY19, and 11.5 cps as a special dividend.
Also Read: Agreement of Coles with Viva Energy Limited
The stock of COL last traded at a price of $15.310, with a fall of 0.065% on 18th December 2019. COL stock has delivered returns of 3.65% and 20.99% within the span of the last three months and six months, respectively.
Coca-Cola Amatil Limited (ASX: CCL)
Coca-Cola Amatil Limited (ASX: CCL) is engaged in manufacturing, distribution and marketing of beverages, which officially got listed on ASX in 1970. The company through a release dated 29th November 2019 announced that it has appointed Ms Penelope Winn as an Independent Non-Executive Director, which came into effect on 2nd December 2019.
Strong Growth in Revenue
Recently, the company updated the market with the results of 1H FY19, which are as follows:
- The company reported strong growth of 5.2% in group revenue, which indicates results of strategic initiatives throughout the group.
- The company’s Australian beverages businesses have showed progress from the accelerated growth plan of the group.
- During the half year period, the New Zealand business of the company experienced excellent all-round performance. It also experienced strong growth in sales in Indonesia with the help of excellent execution as well as investment in marketing.
- For the period, the company declared totally unfranked dividend amounting to 25.0 cps, which comprised of interim dividend amounting to 21.0 cps, and special dividend, amounting to 4.0 cps.
The stock of CCL last traded at a price of $11.470, with a rise of 1.415% on 18th December 2019. CCL stock has delivered returns of 3.76% and 13.51% within the span of the last three months and six months, respectively.
This website is a service of Kalkine Media Pty. Ltd. A.C.N. 629 651 672. The website has been prepared for informational purposes only and is not intended to be used as a complete source of information on any particular company. Kalkine Media does not in any way endorse or recommend individuals, products or services that may be discussed on this site. Our publications are NOT a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold. We are neither licensed nor qualified to provide investment advice.
There is no investor left unperturbed with the ongoing trade conflicts between US-China and the devastating bushfire in Australia.
Are you wondering if the year 2020 might not have taken the right start? Dividend stocks could be the answer to that question.
As interest rates in Australia are already at record low levels, find out which dividend stocks are viewed as the most attractive investment opportunity in the current scenario in our report.