From appreciating nature and living in contentment to maintaining hygiene and sacrificing freedom, the coronavirus pandemic has taught us many valuable life lessons. Anyone would have hardly imagined that a disease will teach us the biggest lesson of life – “No matter where we live, we are strongly interconnected and bounded together”.
Besides, COVID-19 has taught us to look beyond luxuries and make most of what we have in hand. With Easter knocking at the door, the world is now seeking creative ways of celebrating the festival, bearing social distancing rules in mind.
People are coming up with several innovative ideas for Easter fiesta, including a contact-free egg hunt, online worships at churches, socially distant bunny, virtual dance party and much more. What’s more commendable is that people across the world are determined to stop COVID-19 from ruining the much-awaited Easter.
The Easter fiesta is certainly a major social distancing test for countries across the globe, that may tempt people to defy coronavirus-induced lockdown rules. With Australia beginning to show progress in flattening the curve, the Easter event is expected to be a closely watched event in the nation.
In this context, let’s peek into Australia’s preparations for the upcoming festival:
Stay Home, Don’t Travel this Easter, Says Australian Government
Encouraging people to live out their faith by doing the correct thing this Easter, the Australian government has asked people to follow social distancing by staying at home to retain the progress the nation has made in recent times.
Besides, the government has requested people to follow the rules, particularly during the Easter holiday. The PM, Mr Scott Morrison, has warned of horror scenarios in Australia if people will abandon social distancing rules on Easter.
It is worth mentioning that the hygiene and social distancing measures are beginning to flatten the curve in Australia, with the growth rate of fall in virus surpassing the government’s expectations. Although the scenario seems quite optimistic, Australia's CMO Professor Brendan Murphy has urged people to not get complacent as the nation is not yet out of trouble.
COVID-19 Induced Restrictions in Australia
It’s important for every Australian to be aware of some key regulations imposed by the government amidst COVID-19 that will be applicable even during the Easter festival:
- Places of worship will remain closed to the public during the Easter period.
- No more than two people are allowed in public gatherings, except household members.
- Every individual needs to stay at home unless one is receiving medical care, shopping for essentials, travelling to work or education and exercising.
- Attendance at funerals, weddings and outdoor fitness classes stays restricted.
- Places including licensed clubs, pubs, skateparks, gyms, hotels, cinemas, indoor sporting venues, outside playgrounds, play centres and other public places to remain closed.
- Social distancing principles to be followed, with people maintaining a distance of 1.5 metres.
- All arrivals in Australia need to self-isolate themselves for fourteen days, either in a hotel or a home.
- Several state borders to remain closed.
Must Read Five Key things from COVID-19 Guidelines
Innovative Ideas to Celebrate Easter while Following Social Distancing
Although many restrictions are prevailing across Australia during the Easter period, individuals can still make the festival special while adhering to social distancing norms.
Here’s a list of some innovative ideas that can help you celebrate Easter during coronavirus-induced lockdown:
- Attend online church services.
- Plan at-home Easter activities.
- Conduct a virtual egg hunt or at home egg hunt.
- Create your own Easter craft.
- Connect with the loved ones online.
- Help the elderly neighbours.
- Cook delicious recipes.
- Get your home organised.
- Paint eggs and take Easter photos with family.
- Bake and decorate cake and cookies.
- Plan a movie time with closed ones.
- Use Easter decorations to decorate a Christmas tree.
Undoubtedly, you won’t be able to celebrate Easter the way you used to celebrate it earlier, but there is a chance for you to kickstart new custom. Just some planning and a few creative ideas, this Easter will become a one worth remembering!
This website is a service of Kalkine Media Pty. Ltd. A.C.N. 629 651 672. The website has been prepared for informational purposes only and is not intended to be used as a complete source of information on any particular company. Kalkine Media does not in any way endorse or recommend individuals, products or services that may be discussed on this site. Our publications are NOT a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold. We are neither licensed nor qualified to provide investment advice.
There is no investor left unperturbed with the ongoing trade conflicts between US-China and the devastating bushfire in Australia.
Are you wondering if the year 2020 might not have taken the right start? Dividend stocks could be the answer to that question.
As interest rates in Australia are already at record low levels, find out which dividend stocks are viewed as the most attractive investment opportunity in the current scenario in our report.