On 23 October 2019, S&P/ASX200 index was trading at 6,654.4, down by 17.8 points. Of late, the below-mentioned stocks have been trending on ASX. Majority of these companies announced their quarterly performance, highlighting the progress in operational activities.
Let’s take a look at these stocks trending on ASX.
CYBG PLC (ASX: CYB)
Recently, CYBG PLC (ASX: CYB) announced the completion of its Part VII banking business transfer process, to serve its customers from a single authorised and regulated banking entity. Moreover, integration of the customer propositions is expected to enable CYB to deliver the complete variety of products and services from across the combined business.
Re-branding of CYB
Recently, CYB has planned a complete re-brand of the CYBG PLC in the approaching months, comprising a re-launch of its brand Virgin Money. The re-branding process is expected to begin by the end of 2019, with the re-branding of B digital banking service to Virgin Money.
In addition to this, CYB plans to introduce an enhanced personal current account relationship proposition in the year 2020. CYB anticipates the launch of Virgin Money for Business with an enhanced customer proposition along with the commencement of the re-branding of both, Yorkshire Bank and Clydesdale Bank to Virgin Money.
The Group’s name, expected to be effective by 31 October 2019, will be changed from CYBG PLC to Virgin Money UK PLC. However, CYB’s name change and new stock exchange tickers shall be confirmed subject to the approval by the London Stock Exchange and ASX.
On 23 October 2019, CYB stock was trading at a price of $2.695, slipping by 1.642% (at AEST 1:01 PM), with a daily volume of ~ 2,656,628 and a market capitalisation of approximately $3.93 billion.
Figure 1 CYB Stock Performance (Source: ASX)
Over a period of one month, CYB stock has provided 20.70% return.
To learn about CYB’s update for Q3 FY19, click here
South32 Limited (ASX: S32)
S32’s Net cash up by USD163 million
- Net cash increased by USD 163 million to USD 527 million;
Figure 2 Production Summary for S32 (Source: Company's Report)
- Achieved record production at Brazil Alumina and another strong quarter at Worsley Alumina;
- Increased production at Illawarra Metallurgical Coal by 30% as the longwalls continued to perform strongly following the completion of two moves in the prior quarter;
- Maintained higher rates of manganese ore production at low-cost, flexible operations and commenced exploration drilling in the Southern Areas target at GEMCO following the receipt of approvals;
- Progressed exclusive negotiations with Seriti Resources in respect of its indicative offer to acquire South Africa Energy Coal business;
- Invested USD 17 million in exploration at the early stage greenfield projects and existing operations, including at Hermosa to further increase knowledge of the Taylor Deposit and greater land package;
On 23 October 2019, S32 stock was trading at a price of $2.575, down by 0.962% (at AEST 1:06 PM), with a daily volume of ~ 12,853,192 and a market capitalisation of approximately $12.91 billion.
Since the listing of S32, the stock has increased by 28.86%.
Treasury Wine Estates (ASX: TWE)
TWE updated on New CEO’s appointment
Treasury Wine Estates (ASX: TWE) announced the appointment of its Chief Operating Officer, Tim Ford, as the Chief Executive Officer of TWE, effective from the first quarter of the year 2021. The decision was taken after the MD and CEO, Michael Clarke conveyed his intention to retire from the designation, possibly in the first quarter period of the year 2021.
In addition to this, to provide strategic support across key initiatives, including potential merger and acquisition opportunities, Mr Clarke has agreed to act in the capacity of advisor to the Company for up to an additional period of one-year following an extensive transition period and upon his retirement.
On 23 October 2019, TWE stock was trading at a price of $ 17.025, up 0.502% (at AEST 1:10 PM), with a daily volume of ~1,101,782 and a market capitalisation of approximately $12.2 billion.
Over a period of last five years, TWE stock has provided 289.16% return (as on 22 October 2019).
Whitehaven Coal Limited (ASX: WHC)
WHC coal production, up 22%
Other highlights from September 2019 Quarter Production are as follows:
- September quarter saleable coal production of 4.9Mt, up by 23% on pcp;
- September quarter coal sales of 5.5Mt, up by 14% on pcp;
- Safety performance improved with the TRIFR at 5.14 for the twelve months ended September;
- Executed an agreement with EDF to acquire EDF’s 7.5% interest in the Narrabri underground longwall mine, which when completed will increase WHC’s equity ownership level to 77.5%;
- Equipment at Tarrawonga arriving and ramp up to 3Mtpa commenced;
- FY20 guidance remains unchanged since issued to the market on 15 August 2019;
On 23 October 2019, WHC stock was trading at a price of $ 3.395, up 3.506 % (at AEST 1:16 PM), with a daily volume of ~2,975,075 and a market capitalisation of approximately $3.37 billion.
Over a period of last five years, WHC stock has increased by 135.88% (as on 22 October 2019).
Saracen Mineral Holdings Ltd (ASX: SAR)
$186.4 million revenue from Gold sales for SAR
Saracen Mineral Holdings Ltd (ASX: SAR) recently announced quarterly (ending 30 September 2019) production and costs, moving ahead of guidance. Few highlights from SAR’s quarterly performance are:
- Cash and equivalents of $196.1 million at 30 September, up from $154.5 million at 30 June despite incurring $5.5 million on tax instalment payments and $34.6 million on exploration and growth capital;
- Gold sales for the quarter of 97,307oz at an average sale price of $1,916/oz, generating revenue of $186.4 million;
- Gold hedging of 377,000oz at an average delivery price of $1,874/oz as compared to 419,000oz at $1,840/oz as at 30 June;
- Quarterly unaudited NPAT of $42 million - $45 million;
- Inaugural dividend policy to apply from FY20; targeting a payout equal to 20-40% of NPAT, subject to reaching and maintaining a minimum cash balance of $150 million;
SAR witnessed record quarterly gold production of 96,324oz during the quarter. Moreover, quarterly mine production increased by 17% from June quarter to 144,871oz, including production from Carosue Dam 56,062oz and from Thunderbox 88,809oz. Further, closing ore stockpile was recorded at 139,642oz, which increased by 48% from 94,150oz at quarter ending 30 June 2019.
The production and free cash flow generation demonstrated the substantial investment made by SAR in exploration and development related work in the last few years.
Mr Finlayson, Saracen Managing Director, said the outcomes indicated that the company was reaping the benefits of what it sowed across the last two to three years period
On 23 October 2019, SAR stock was trading at a price of $ 3.735, up 5.807 % (at AEST 1:21 PM), with a daily volume of ~ 4,918,420 and a market capitalisation of approximately $2.94 billion.
Over a period of last six months, SAR stock has increased by 36.29% as on 22 October 2019.
This website is a service of Kalkine Media Pty. Ltd. A.C.N. 629 651 672. The website has been prepared for informational purposes only and is not intended to be used as a complete source of information on any particular company. Kalkine Media does not in any way endorse or recommend individuals, products or services that may be discussed on this site. Our publications are NOT a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold. We are neither licensed nor qualified to provide investment advice.
There is no investor left unperturbed with the ongoing trade conflicts between US-China and the devastating bushfire in Australia.
Are you wondering if the year 2020 might not have taken the right start? Dividend stocks could be the answer to that question.
As interest rates in Australia are already at record low levels, find out which dividend stocks are viewed as the most attractive investment opportunity in the current scenario in our report.