UN Says Investments Must Triple By 2030 To Save Nature

The United Nations has once again drawn our attention to the dangers posed by climate change and called for increased investments by countries to fight a looming ecological disaster. In its latest State of Finance report, the world body estimated that the allocation of funds for nature conservation must triple by 2030 and quadruple by 2050 to fight climate change.

The report, released in May 2021, highlights numerous issues like land degradation, plant and animal life destruction, and reckless development causing climate change. The world will need US$8.1 trillion to fight climate change by mid-century, but there may be a shortfall of US$4.1 trillion with the current spending of US$133 billion annually, it said.

Currently, 86 per cent of the climate fund comes from governments, developmental financial institutions, or climate protection groups, and the remaining 14 per cent is infused by the private sector.

In 2018, the private sector’s contribution to climate projects was US$18 billion, mainly mobilized through sustainable agriculture and forestry supply chains, philanthropy, multilateral organizations and private equity investments. The report suggests that several private sector-led initiatives are already in play, and more companies and financial institutions must join the efforts.


Disclaimer
The content, including but not limited to any articles, news, quotes, information, data, text, reports, ratings, opinions, images, photos, graphics, graphs, charts, animations and video (Content) is a service of Kalkine Media LLC (Kalkine Media, we or us) and is available for personal and non-commercial use only. The principal purpose of the Content is to educate and inform. The Content does not contain or imply any recommendation or opinion intended to influence your financial decisions and must not be relied upon by you as such. Some of the Content on this website may be sponsored/non-sponsored, as applicable, but is NOT a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold the stocks of the company(s) or engage in any investment activity under discussion. Kalkine Media is neither licensed nor qualified to provide investment advice through this platform. Users should make their own enquiries about any investments and Kalkine Media strongly suggests the users to seek advice from a financial adviser, stockbroker or other professional (including taxation and legal advice), as necessary. Kalkine Media hereby disclaims any and all the liabilities to any user for any direct, indirect, implied, punitive, special, incidental or other consequential damages arising from any use of the Content on this website, which is provided without warranties. The views expressed in the Content by the guests, if any, are their own and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Kalkine Media. Some of the images/music that may be used on this website are copyright to their respective owner(s). Kalkine Media does not claim ownership of any of the pictures/music displayed/used on this website unless stated otherwise. The images/music that may be used on this website are taken from various sources on the internet, including paid subscriptions or are believed to be in public domain. We have used reasonable efforts to accredit the source (public domain/CC0 status) to where it was found and indicated it, as necessary.

   

Kalkine

Rated 4.3/5 based on 904 Reviews at Google My Business