Why is Origo Partners (LON: OPP) delisting from AIM? - Kalkine Media

April 27, 2022 01:13 PM BST | By Rishika Raina
Follow us on Google News:


  • Shares in Origo partners are set to be suspended from trading on the AIM from 28 April, while the cancellation of shares will take place on 30 May.
  • Origo has decided not to appoint a new nominated advisor considering its financial positions and set objectives.
  • The company will payout 80% of the distributable cash to its redeemable preference shares and the rest 20% to the ordinary shares before 30 May 2022.

Isle of Man-based investment firm Origo Partners plc (LON: OPP), is all set to exit the Alternative Investment Market (AIM) of the London Stock Exchange (LSE).  After the delisting announcement, Origo’s shares dropped by 33% yesterday (26 April 2022) to GBX 0.07.

Origo Partners’ delisting plans

On 26 April 2022, Origo Partners declared that it is going to cancel its AIM listing. The nominated adviser of Origo Partners, Arden Partners Plc., recently became illegible to act in that capacity to AIM companies due to being taken over by a third party, Ince Group plc. The Board of Origo, based on the company’s financial position, decided that choosing another nominated advisor won’t be suitable for the company at present.

As there won’t be an appointment of another nominated advisor, the ordinary and redeemable preference shares of Origo Partners would be suspended from trading on the AIM from 7.30 AM (GMT+1) on 28 April 2022. Later, on 30 May 2022, the admission of the shares of Origo Partners to the AIM would stand cancelled.

RELATED READ: Blockchain.com IPO: Is London-based crypto giant going for US listing?

Origo Partners to cancel its AIM listing

                                                                     2022 Kalkine Media®                                     I

Origo had earlier announced that it would monetize all its marketable legacy investments and give back the proceeds to the company’s shareholders. Taking the realization of these objectives into account, Origo Partners decided not to appoint a new nominated advisor. In line with these objectives, the company will pay out 80% of the distributable cash to its redeemable preference shares and the rest 20% to the ordinary shares before 30 May 2022.

After the suspension and cancellation of Origo’s shares, the company will still be able to provide all the necessary information to its shareholders through its website as well as the RNS service. Even though the shares wouldn’t be traded under any kind of formal mechanism post suspension, the free transfer of shares would take place. However, the value of the shares may be negatively impacted due to their reduced liquidity.

RELATED READ: First Tin IPO: All about tin producer’s London listing?

Origo Partners’ share price performance

The shares of Origo Partners plunged by 33% on 26 April 2022 after the delisting announcement. However, Origo shares were up by 7.14% at around 11:30 AM (GMT+1) on 27 April 2022, at GBX 0.08. The current market cap of the company stands at £0.25 million.


The content, including but not limited to any articles, news, quotes, information, data, text, reports, ratings, opinions, images, photos, graphics, graphs, charts, animations and video (Content) is a service of Kalkine Media Limited, Company No. 12643132 (Kalkine Media, we or us) and is available for personal and non-commercial use only. Kalkine Media is an appointed representative of Kalkine Limited, who is authorized and regulated by the FCA (FRN: 579414). The non-personalised advice given by Kalkine Media through its Content does not in any way endorse or recommend individuals, investment products or services suitable for your personal financial situation. You should discuss your portfolios and the risk tolerance level appropriate for your personal financial situation, with a qualified financial planner and/or adviser. No liability is accepted by Kalkine Media or Kalkine Limited and/or any of its employees/officers, for any investment loss, or any other loss or detriment experienced by you for any investment decision, whether consequent to, or in any way related to this Content, the provision of which is a regulated activity. Kalkine Media does not intend to exclude any liability which is not permitted to be excluded under applicable law or regulation. Some of the Content on this website may be sponsored/non-sponsored, as applicable. However, on the date of publication of any such Content, none of the employees and/or associates of Kalkine Media hold positions in any of the stocks covered by Kalkine Media through its Content. The views expressed in the Content by the guests, if any, are their own and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Kalkine Media. Some of the images/music/video that may be used in the Content are copyright to their respective owner(s). Kalkine Media does not claim ownership of any of the pictures displayed/music or video used in the Content unless stated otherwise. The images/music/video that may be used in the Content are taken from various sources on the internet, including paid subscriptions or are believed to be in public domain. We have used reasonable efforts to accredit the source wherever it was indicated or was found to be necessary.

Top LSE Listed Companies