Amid the Covid-19 catastrophe, all the businesses are taking a prudent approach to conserve cash and tackle the situation to lessen the impact of the pandemic on their future growth prospects. Today we are going to discuss earnings announcements for four companies of London Stock Exchange-listed companies engaged in varied industries.
Overview of British Land Company Plc
British Land Company Plc (LON: BLND) is one of the prominent property company of the United Kingdom. The company is having worth £11.2billion of land owned, and its majority of portfolio concentrated on mixed-use places, which includes multi-let retail environments and London campuses.
BLND – Financial Highlights
On 27th May 2020, the company declared full year result for the period ended 31st March 2020.
- During the period, Underlying Earning per share decreased by 6.3 per cent after £900 million of net income-producing sales for a span of the last two years.
- The company collected 68 per cent of the rent, which was due for the March quarter (97 per cent from Offices and 43 per cent from Retail), which equals to 91 per cent adjusting for postponed rent, absolved or converted to monthly payments.
- The worth of the retail portfolio decreased by 26.1 per cent as continuing organizational challenges were worsened at the year-end valuation date by the initial impact of Novel Coronavirus.
- The company signed 946k square feet of renewals and lettings in London and 1,361k square feet in Retail during the year 2020.
- Retail valuation dropped by 26.1 per cent, suggesting continuing structural challenges compounded by the impact of the novel coronavirus.
BLND – Share Price Performance
On 27th May 2020 at around 04:14 PM GMT, the stock of British Land Company Plc is trading at GBX 409.20, up by 29.20 per cent or 7.68 points as compared to the previous day closing price of GBX 380.0. The beta was reported at 1.36, which shows the higher volatility of the stock versus the benchmark.
Overview of BRITVIC plc
Britvic Plc (LON: BVIC) is one of the prominent soft drinks company, with operations spread across France, Brazil, Ireland and the United Kingdom. The company produces and sells PepsiCo’s well-known soft drinks brands, such as 7UP, SoBe & Mountain Dew and Pepsi.
BVIC – Financial Highlights
On 27th May 2020, the company declared interim result for the period ended 27th May 2020.
- Revenue of the company increased by 1.4 per cent to £698.8 million at a constant exchange rate as compared to the period 28 weeks ended 14 April 2019.
- The company's revenue increased due to MiWadi, Maguary, Robinsons, Pepsi, Tango and 7UP brands.
- Profit after tax increased by 11.5 per cent to £38.9 million during the six months 6 months ended 31 March 2020.
- Adjusted net debt/EBITDA increased to 2.5X in six months ended 31st March 2020 as compared to 2.4X in 28 weeks concluded 14th April 2019.
- The net finance charge for the 26 weeks for the Group decreased to £9.2 million, compared with £11.0 million in the previous year.
- During the period, the company's adjusted basic EPS reported to 19.0 pence, an increase of 2.7 per cent (at actual exchange rates) compared to the same period last year.
BVIC – Share Price Performance
The stock of Britvic Plc is trading at GBX 765.0, up by 6.18 per cent or 44.50 points on 27th May 2020 at around 04:15 PM. The beta was reported at 0.71, which shows the lower volatility of the stock versus the benchmark.
Overview of Caledonia Investments Plc
Caledonia Investments Plc (LON: CLDN) is an independent investment trust company, which has the net assets of around £2 billion. The company holds a focused portfolio of global funds and investments. The company is quoted on the London Stock Exchange and trade under FTSE 250 index, FTSE 350 index, FTSE 350 Low Yield index and FTSE All-Share index.
CLDN – Financial Highlights
On 27th May 2020, the company declared final results for the year ended 31st March 2020.
- For the FY2020, the company’s NAV total return decreased to ?8.1 per cent as compared to +10.9 per cent in the FY2019.
- The company’s revenue profit after tax was reported at £34.6 million, which remained consistent with the previous year. Capital losses were reported to £207.5 million as compared with a profit of £163.6 million last year.
- As at 31st March 2020, the valuation of 7IM decreased by 21.3 per cent to £84.8 million from March 2019.
- During the period, the dividend increased by 3.0 per cent to 61.1 pence per share to be paid in August 2020.
- The balance sheet of the company consists of £115 million of cash and access to £250 million in undrawn facilities. The company’s RBSI facilities of £137.5 million were revamped in May 2020 for an additional five-year term.
CLDN – Share Price Performance
At around 04:19 PM GMT, on 27th May 2020, the stock of Caledonia Investments Plc traded at GBX 2,695.0, up by 1.89 per cent or 50.0 points as compared to the previous day closing price of GBX 2,645.0. The beta was reported at 0.69, which shows the lower volatility of the stock versus the benchmark.
Overview of Petropavlovsk Plc
Petropavlovsk Plc (LON: POG) is one of the prominent and major gold mining companies of Russia, both in respect to Reserves & Resources and production. The company’s main objective is of producing value for its investors, staffs, and other investors by securely and reliably exploring, producing and mining along with steady production of low-cost gold.
POG – Financial Highlights
On 27th May 2020, the company released its full year earnings for the period ended 31st December 2019 along with Q1 2020 production update.
- Total gold production increased by 22 per cent during the FY2019 as compared to the prior year. It includes 45.7koz from third-party concentrates.
- Due to the increase in physical sales and higher gold price, the company's cash generated from operations led to an increase in working capital of 54 per cent.
- Underlying EBITDA of the company increased by 45 per cent to $264.8 million (2018: $182.7 million).
- The capital spending dropped by 23 per cent to $103.8 million (2018: $134.4 million) with spending related to the building of the POX Hub almost at completion.
- The company’s All-in sustaining expenses declined by 5 per cent to $1,020/oz (2018: $1,079K/oz) supported by an impairment reversal.
- The company entered into a contract with Agestinia Trading Limited in May 2019
POG – Share Price Performance
The stock of Petropavlovsk Plc is trading at GBX 23.50, down by 6.56 per cent or 1.65 points on 27th May 2020 at around 04:22 PM. Yesterday, it had closed at GBX 25.15. The beta was reported at -0.14, which shows the inverse volatility of the stock versus the benchmark.
With Bank of England reducing the interest rates to a historic low level, the spotlight is back on diverse investment opportunities.
Amidst this, are you getting worried about these falling interest rates and wondering where to put your money?
Well! Team Kalkine has a solution for you. You still can earn a relatively stable income by putting money in the dividend-paying stocks.
We think it is the perfect time when you should start accumulating selective dividend stocks to beat the low-interest rates, while we provide a tailored offering in view of valuable stock opportunities and any dividend cut backs to be considered amid scenarios including a prolonged market meltdown.