Jack Dorsey’s Tweet NFT Rakes In $2.9M, Will Musk Sell His NFT?

Follow us on Google News:
 Jack Dorsey’s Tweet NFT Rakes In $2.9M, Will Musk Sell His NFT?

@Kalkine Media 2021


Twitter founder Jack Dorsey traded his first-ever tweet as a non-fungible token (NFT) for little over US$ 2.9 million on Monday, March 22.

The tweet NFT was auctioned by US-based company Cent’s digital platform ‘Valuables’. Cent’s blockchain network charged a 5 per cent fee of the total bidding amount and the rest 95 per cent was transferred to the Twitter CEO. It clearly explains the rise of digital assets in the upcoming times.

Now, this NFT has been registered as a unique digital signature on the blockchain-run server.

The Malaysia-based blockchain company Bridge Oracle’s Chief Executive Officer, Sina Estavi, bought the tweet via Ether cryptocurrency. He paid 1630.5825601 ETH, which was equal to US$2,915,835.47 at the time of auction.

On March 6, the Twitter boss tweeted the website link where the NFT was registered for the auction. Three days later, he announced via another tweet that the final bidding price will be exchanged to bitcoin and donated to Africans impacted by the coronavirus.

Image Source: Pixabay.com

Earlier, Tesla owner Elon Musk also tweeted an electronic soundtrack for dedicated NFT. He posted that he is selling the "NFT theme song as an NFT”. The track screens a visual that symbolizes a spinning golden trophy decorated with coins and dog statues along with high-bass techno sound.

The next popular NFT could be Elon Musk’s proposed NFT theme music. However, bitcoin enthusiast and TESLA CEO has not decided to sell it yet. However, Musk’s NFT bidding price was already up more than US$ 1 million as of March 17.

Cent CEO and co-founder, Cameron Hejazi, stated that NFT assets could go up or down in value, but their ledger-based unique signature and the history of trading will be there over the blockchain-powered server.

(With Inputs From Reuters)

Disclaimer

The content, including but not limited to any articles, news, quotes, information, data, text, reports, ratings, opinions, images, photos, graphics, graphs, charts, animations and video (Content) is a service of Kalkine Media Pty Ltd (Kalkine Media, we or us), ACN 629 651 672 and is available for personal and non-commercial use only. The principal purpose of the Content is to educate and inform. The Content does not contain or imply any recommendation or opinion intended to influence your financial decisions and must not be relied upon by you as such. Some of the Content on this website may be sponsored/non-sponsored, as applicable, but is NOT a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold the stocks of the company(s) or engage in any investment activity under discussion. Kalkine Media is neither licensed nor qualified to provide investment advice through this platform. Users should make their own enquiries about any investments and Kalkine Media strongly suggests the users to seek advice from a financial adviser, stockbroker or other professional (including taxation and legal advice), as necessary. Kalkine Media hereby disclaims any and all the liabilities to any user for any direct, indirect, implied, punitive, special, incidental or other consequential damages arising from any use of the Content on this website, which is provided without warranties. The views expressed in the Content by the guests, if any, are their own and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Kalkine Media. Some of the images/music that may be used on this website are copyright to their respective owner(s). Kalkine Media does not claim ownership of any of the pictures displayed/music used on this website unless stated otherwise. The images/music that may be used on this website are taken from various sources on the internet, including paid subscriptions or are believed to be in public domain. We have used reasonable efforts to accredit the source wherever it was indicated as or found to be necessary.

We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. OK