While Marathon stocks were up by about 34 per cent, Riot stocks reflected a growth of about 32 per cent in the morning at the time of writing this (11.30AM EST).
• The price surge in these crypto stocks comes in the wake of Tesla Inc (NASDAQ:TSLA, TSLA:US) purchasing about US$ 1.5 billion worth of Bitcoin.
• Following Tesla’s investment, Bitcoin price shot up to a record high of US$ 44,500 per coin on Monday. Ocugen (NASDAQ: OCGN) Stocks Skyrocket Over 180% Stocks of biotech healthcare company Ocugen Inc. (NASDAQ: OCGN) saw brisk trading in the early session on Monday, lifted by an announcement to sell three million company shares this week. Besides leading the headlines on several US and Canadian sites, it also topped the Yahoo and Google trends. Ocugen stocks (NASDAQ: OCGN) were trading at US$14.75 at 11:51 AM EST on Monday, which was an increase of 180 per cent from the previous close.
• Ocugen plans to raise US$23 million from a direct stock offering to institutional investors this week.
• The company plans to launch the Covid vaccine CovaxinTM in the US market this year.
• In the last three months, its stock value rose by more than 340 per cent. Well Health (TSX:WELL) & CRH Stocks Skyrocket On Acquisition News
• Canadian health care service provider WELL Health Technologies Corp has announced its plans to acquire medical equipment maker CRH Medical Corp on Monday, February 8.
• While WELL Health’s stocks were up over 21 per cent on Monday morning, CRH Medical shares reflected a growth of about 80 per cent (10AM EST).
• WELL Health CEO and Chairperson Hamed Shahbazi described the acquisition deal as “monumental”.