Liam Wilson's manager has threatened to boycott the world title fight with Emanuel Navarrete if officials continue to ignore his request to investigate accusations of a weigh-in cheating scandal.
Steve Scanlan told AAP on the morning of the fight on Friday that representatives from the Arizona State Boxing Commission, as well as the sanctioning body WBO and Navarrete's promoter Top Rank have gone silent after the previous day's bizarre weigh-in drama in Phoenix.
"100 per cent," he said when asked by AAP if he was seriously considering pulling out.
"They haven't returned my calls and emails (demanding an investigation); they seem to not get up early, this commission.
"We've come a long way and we're not just going to let them bully us if they're cheats, which it appears they are."
Footage from Thursday's weigh-in captures an official twice touching the digital scales before Wilson and Mexican star Navarrete step on.
The Australian and his team were flummoxed when Wilson weighed in at 126.6 pounds, about four pounds or two kilograms lighter than they claim he had weighed just 20 minutes earlier.
Two-division world champion Navarrete (129.2 pounds), fighting at the heavier super featherweight division for the first time, then snuck under the 130-pound, or 59kg, limit at Desert Diamond Arena.
Wilson weighed himself again on the same scales less than an hour later and had ballooned from 126.3 to 132.3 pounds.
Top Rank boss Bob Arum dismissed their concerns as "conspiracy theories", saying "this is Arizona, nobody f***s with the scales".
That is the only feedback Wilson's camp has received though, forcing Scanlan to up the ante just hours out from the Queensland 26-year-old's biggest moment.
"They're laughing it off, washing their hands of it," Scanlan, who admitted he wasn't sure how the scales had been adjusted, said.
"If it gets to 2pm and (we haven't heard from them), we can tell Top Rank we're pulling out. I'm sure something happens then.
"I've come a long way and Liam would kill me if I pulled out, but at the end of the day it's his health and safety."
Scanlan wants the pair to be weighed again on Friday afternoon (Saturday morning AEDT), insisting that if Navarrete had legally made weight then he shouldn't weigh any more than 66kg.
"So if you've got nothing to hide, jump on the scales," he said.
"If he's that much heavier than Liam it's an unfair advantage and Liam can get hurt.
"Boxing's dangerous; people die in the ring all the time.
"If something happens tonight, none of us are going to be able to sleep well at night, ever again."
Unbeaten in more than 10 years, Navarrete was set to challenge fellow superstar and two-weight champion Oscar Valdez for the vacant belt before he succumbed to injury, opening the door for Wilson's dream chance.
"I knew he'd underestimate Liam," Scanlan said.
"If it is a close fight then I won't be able to sleep at night knowing I hadn't done everything I could to make sure it's fair.
"Someone has to stand up to them eventually, otherwise Australians will forever come over and they know they'll get away with ***t."