- Surefire to commence RC drilling to drill test anomalies over the Yidby Gold Project.
- A total of 4,000m of drilling is planned on the project to extend gold mineralisation over the Yidby Road Gold prospect on the project.
- Surefire is planning to drill test the extension of the strike on the Yidby Road Gold prospect and drill pre-collars for diamond drilling for the later phase.
Continuing on its quest to unlock the potential of Yidby Gold Project, Surefire Resources (ASX:SRN) has informed the market that the next phase of the drilling program will kick start next week. Surefire is planning to drill approximately 4,000m of RC drilling to increase its gold mineralisation footprint in the Western Australia region.
Surefire’s Yidby Project comprises three granted exploration licences and covers an area of 114km2. The project currently has three prospects identified to hold significant gold mineralisation – Delaney Well, Cashens Find and Yidby Road Gold prospects. They are associated with historical workings at Delaney Well and Cashens Find, and a Surefire’s new discovery at Yidby Road Gold Prospect.
Yidby Gold Project and surrounding major deposits (Image source: Company update, 12 May 2022)
Surefire’s Yidby Road Gold Prospect is a blind deposit, lying beneath 10-30m of barren overburden. The upcoming drilling campaign will drill test the mineralisation extension to the Yidby Gold deposit.
The current gold mineralisation envelope remains open in north, to the northwest and to the southeast. The RC drilling program will also be used to drill pre-collars for the future diamond drilling campaign. SRN is planning a diamond drilling to extract information on further structural analysis and aid in future resource analysis.
Drill location summary on Yidby Road Gold Prospect (Image source: Company update, 12 May 2022)
The additional objectives of the drilling campaign are:
- To drill test a previously untested MMI gold anomaly located 100m north-west of the Yidby Road Gold Deposit. The company has planned to drill 11 holes with depths up to 100m. Surefire has identified gold anomaly in the Yidby discovery zone using Mobil Metal Ions (MMI) geochemical sampling. Drilling will be carried out from west to east to cover the entire anomalous zone. Previous drillings in the anomalous zone had resulted in significant gold intersections.
- To test the extension of the strike along the discovery zone on the anomalies delineated through MMI geochemistry.
Several large gold projects lie in the close vicinity of the Yidby Gold Project. Mount Gibson Gold Project, Rothsay Gold Project, Minjar Gold Project (+1.1 million-ounce) and the million-ounce Kirkalocka Gold Project to name a few.
SRN closed the day’s trade at AU$0.025 apiece today.