Myanmar Metals Declares Maiden Reserve and PFS Results for Bawdwin Project

  • May 06, 2019 AEST
  • Team Kalkine
Myanmar Metals Declares Maiden Reserve and PFS Results for Bawdwin Project

Myanmar Metals Limited (ASX: MYL) is a metals and mining company based in West Perth, Western Australia. The company has a majority stake of 51% in Bawdwin deposit located in Shan State, Myanmar. It is a high-grade polymetallic deposit having an outstanding and untested result.

On 6th May 2019, the company announced maiden reserve and pre-feasibility study (PFS) results from the Bawdwin’s Starter Pit.

PFS Results

The PFS study has clearly shown strong financials (project cash flows and valuation) for the Starter Pit and only 26% (24.7 Mt of mineralised material) of the current total mineral resource estimate for the Bawdwin deposits had been processed. Bawdwin’s Starter Pit would be the third largest lead producing mine in the world in a steady state production.

The company believes that it represents a conservative and achievable case to present to stakeholders as it combines results of work completed in conjunction with the leading consultants in a variety of disciplines.

After the PFS study, the definitive feasibility study (DFS) will be carried out to finalise the development options for Bawdwin and resolve physical and financial estimates with a higher degree of certainty.

Physical Metrics of the Project

The mine life and processing life is estimated at 13 years with a total mined material of 19.1Mt (annual estimate), having a total of 222.9Mt of material throughout the mine life. Total metal recovered to concentrate estimate for the entire mine life stood as; 1,385.9 kt of lead, 118,798.7 kOz of silver and 555.4 kt of zinc

The average processing grade for lead, silver and zinc were estimated at 6.4%, 168.1g/t and 3.2%, respectively.

Financial metrics of the project

The project revenue for the entire mine life is estimated at US$5.89 billion, with US$2.6 billion of operating cost. EBITDA is estimated at US$1.78 billion and undiscounted free cash flow at US$1.45 billion. The net present value of the mine is estimated at US$580 million or A$828 million with 8% real discount rate, having a payback period of 4 years.

The average prices of metals throughout the mine life are estimated at US$2,170/t for lead, US$17.3 Oz for silver and US$2,535/t for zinc.

Maiden ore reserve declared

In the maiden ore reserves estimates, the company declared 18.4 Mt grading 6.4% lead, 169 g/t silver and 3.4% zinc.

Probable ore reserves attributed 74% of production from the Starter Pit, and the balance is drawn from the inferred mineral resources. During the four year payback period of the project, 92% of the processed material will be from probable ore reserves and the remaining 8% from inferred mineral resources.

On 11th March 2019, the company announced drilling results of the Western Hangingwall lode.

Technical Outlook

The market capitalisation of the company is A$102.1 million. The 52-week high and low of the stock is A$0.09 and A$0.049, respectively. The stock at market close was trading at A$0.080, down by 4.762% as of 6th May 2019. On a YTD and the last one-year basis, the stock has delivered a return of 33.33%.


Disclaimer

This website is a service of Kalkine Media Pty. Ltd. A.C.N. 629 651 672. The website has been prepared for informational purposes only and is not intended to be used as a complete source of information on any particular company. The above article is sponsored but NOT a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold the stock of the company (or companies) under discussion. We are neither licensed nor qualified to provide investment advice through this platform.

 

All pictures are copyright to their respective owner(s).Kalkinemedia.com does not claim ownership of any of the pictures displayed on this website unless stated otherwise. Some of the images used on this website are taken from the web and are believed to be in public domain. We have used reasonable efforts to accredit the source (public domain/CC0 status) to where it was found and indicated it below the image.

 

There is no investor left unperturbed with the ongoing trade conflicts between US-China and the devastating bushfire in Australia.

Are you wondering if the year 2020 might not have taken the right start? Dividend stocks could be the answer to that question.

As interest rates in Australia are already at record low levels, find out which dividend stocks are viewed as the most attractive investment opportunity in the current scenario in our report.

CLICK HERE FOR YOUR FREE REPORT!
   
x
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. OK