ABS released the Australian Tourism Satellite Account (TSA) figures on 12 December 2019, posting that:
- 4% increase (in volume terms) in Direct tourism Gross Domestic Product (GDP) relative to real GDP growth of 1.9%.
- In terms of current prices, Direct tourism GDP was up 6.0% to $ 60,821 million, compared with 5.3%.GDP growth.
- 1% increase in the internal tourism consumption in volume terms, of which domestic tourism consumption was up 3.4% while international consumption increased by 2.0%.
- Tourism as a share of GDP remained same at 3.1%.
- In current price measures, Direct tourism gross value added increased by 6.1% to $ 55,939 million.
There is no investor left unperturbed with the ongoing trade conflicts between US-China and the devastating bushfire in Australia.
Are you wondering if the year 2020 might not have taken the right start? Dividend stocks could be the answer to that question.
As interest rates in Australia are already at record low levels, find out which dividend stocks are viewed as the most attractive investment opportunity in the current scenario in our report.