As per ABS survey on Business impact of COVID-19, 72% of Australian businesses reported that reduced cash flow is likely to have an unfavorable impact on businesses over the next 2 months.
- 7 in 10 businesses (69%) expect reduced demand for goods and services.
- 2 in 5 businesses (41%) anticipate a lessened ability to pay operating expenses
- 61% of businesses had registered or wanted to register for the JobKeeper Payment program of which 73% expected more than half of their employees to the eligible for the scheme.
- Businesses that did not expect to register for the JobKeeper Payment scheme, 55% reported that it was due to ineligibility of the business.
- 7% reported not registering due to not enough cash flow to maintain paying staff before JobKeeper payments begin.
There is no investor left unperturbed with the ongoing trade conflicts between US-China and the devastating bushfire in Australia.
Are you wondering if the year 2020 might not have taken the right start? Dividend stocks could be the answer to that question.
As interest rates in Australia are already at record low levels, find out which dividend stocks are viewed as the most attractive investment opportunity in the current scenario in our report.