As per ABS survey on Business impact of COVID-19, 72% of Australian businesses reported that reduced cash flow is likely to have an unfavorable impact on businesses over the next 2 months.
- 7 in 10 businesses (69%) expect reduced demand for goods and services.
- 2 in 5 businesses (41%) anticipate a lessened ability to pay operating expenses
- 61% of businesses had registered or wanted to register for the JobKeeper Payment program of which 73% expected more than half of their employees to the eligible for the scheme.
- Businesses that did not expect to register for the JobKeeper Payment scheme, 55% reported that it was due to ineligibility of the business.
- 7% reported not registering due to not enough cash flow to maintain paying staff before JobKeeper payments begin.