Social media advertising has completely transformed the global marketing space. These days, almost everything is being sold and bought online, making it imperative for brands to advertise their products or services online and run campaigns on social media.
Growth is driven by three macro trends:
- Millennials- they are globally becoming the largest demographic, with > 80 million in the US
- Purchasing power – the Purchasing power of millennials is increasing rapidly as they enter the workforce
- More than 5 hours spent- Millennials per day spent more than 31% of the time awake during the day on social media. However, it is difficult to reach by traditional advertising as they use blockers and watch streaming services like Netflix
Crowd Media Holding Limited (ASX: CM8), previously known as Crowd Mobile Limited, identified these trends at the right time and shifted its focus from mature Mobile businesses (Q&A and Subscription) to fast-growing global social Media marketing. The company expanded its marketing from just Facebook and Instagram to all major global social media platforms, including YouTube, Snapchat & Google.
Crowd Media is considered a pioneer in influencer and social media marketing that has acquired over 5 million millennial customers in the last 5 years. The company has recently transformed itself into a tech-based, vertically integrated social commerce business which is focused on earning a larger slice of the retail sale proceeds of brands that the Company is strategically aligned with.
Crowd Media has the people and expertise to drive advertising for brands and selling ecommerce products over social media, by leveraging the technology platforms. However, the growth path of the Media division, which generates growing revenues from marketing campaigns on social media platforms, requires ongoing investment.
To meet its growth investment demands, the company recently received a substantial investment from a strategic investor Invincible Investment Consortium (IIC). As part of this investment, IIC principals Steven Schapera and Robert Quandt joined Crowd Media’s Board which further strengthened overall skill and expertise of the Board.
The company is now focused on three things mainly –
- With influencer marketing, Crowd will move from being an agency for others (and earning a relatively small fee) to being sellers of brands with whom it has a strategic alliance or equity participation, thereby earning a large share of the retail price.
- With Q&A technology, it will build on the substantial investment made to date in this tech but shift from the current dependence upon premium SMS messaging to instead using the technology to drive high-margin conversational commerce on other platforms including Whatsapp and Facebook Messenger.
- The company has a good understanding of what a millennial customer wants. It knows what they are interested in, how/why/when they want to engage, and how they want to pay. Crowd Media has a clear idea of what products and services it should be selling and are well progressed in driving these opportunities.
In a nutshell, we can say that by tapping into faster growing influencer marketing while gaining Digital marketing expertise in multiple languages in Europe and with the help of its new Board, Vision and Strategy, the Crowd media is set on the path to capitalise on the digital advertising opportunity.
(Source: Company’s Report)
At market close on 7 January 2020, CM8 stock was trading at a market price of $0.022 with a market cap of $6.23 million.
This website is a service of Kalkine Media Pty. Ltd. A.C.N. 629 651 672. The website has been prepared for informational purposes only and is not intended to be used as a complete source of information on any particular company. The above article is sponsored but NOT a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold the stock of the company (or companies) under discussion. We are neither licensed nor qualified to provide investment advice through this platform.
There is no investor left unperturbed with the ongoing trade conflicts between US-China and the devastating bushfire in Australia.
Are you wondering if the year 2020 might not have taken the right start? Dividend stocks could be the answer to that question.
As interest rates in Australia are already at record low levels, find out which dividend stocks are viewed as the most attractive investment opportunity in the current scenario in our report.