At the close of trading session on 24th October 2019, the benchmark index, i.e. S&P/ ASX 200 closed at 6,693.6 points with a rise of 20.5 points.
Designing a portfolio for the purpose of making investment requires a meticulous approach. In general, the diversification of stocks implies spreading the investment in different assets. The next question, which arises now is why diversification is important. In an answer to the query it can be said that diversification helps an investor to minimise the risk of his investment portfolio and aids in striking a balance between the risk to reward ratio. It also lends a helping hand during market volatility scenario.
Let’s have a look at the four diversified stocks listed on ASX:
BBX Minerals Limited (ASX: BBX)
ASX listed metals and mining company BBX Minerals Limited (ASX: BBX) is in the development and exploration of mine.
CEO and Board Appointment
- The company through a release announced that Jeff McKenzie has retired from his role of Chief Executive officer, which came into effect on 21 October 2019. However, Jeff McKenzie would continue as an executive director of the company.
- BBX also mentioned the appointment of André Douchane as its new CEO after an extensive search in North America and Australia. The company added that he will also join the board as an executive director.
Alert for 2019 AGM
BBX will conduct its 2019 Annual General Meeting on 12th November 2019 and passing a few resolutions would be on its agenda, some of them are as follows:
- To adopt remuneration report.
- Re-Election of Director – William Dix.
- To authorise issue of shares to Drake
- For ratification of previous issue of December placement shares and options.
- There would be a resolution for ratification of previous issue of consultant shares.
- The company has also called for separate resolutions to get an approval of 10% placement capacity and replacement of constitution.
As per the quarterly activities report (from 1 April 2019 to 30th June 2019), BBX was focused on the continued development of its analytical and extraction techniques for gold and PGM’s at the Três Estados and Ema projects. However, BBX has received commitments to raise an amount of $1,000,000 through a placement to existing sophisticated and institutional investors at 20 cps on 23rd July 2019.
On the stock performance front, BBX Minerals Limited last traded at a price of $0.210 per share with a rise of 5% from its last close (as on 24th October 2019). It experienced a decline of 36.51% in the time frame of six months.
MyFiziq Limited (ASX: MYQ)
MyFiziq Limited (ASX: MYQ) is engaged in the development of its mobile application technology as well as commercialisation of the MyFiziq app.
As per the release dated 18th October 2019, MYQ announced the appointment of William Bradford as the new head of Business Development for MyFiziq in the USA. When it comes to experience, Mr Bradford has worked for multiple fortune 500 companies in the US as key executive lead.
R & D reimbursement
- Recently, MYQ through a release dated 14th October 2019 provided an update to the market participants in relation to the amount received of $666,218 via Australian government R & D tax scheme reimbursement, which approaches the available funds and cash at bank to the amount of $897,000 of the company.
- MyFiziq is anticipating additional funds in the fourth quarter of financial year 2019 from ACAM $1,000,000, with an amount $676,457 as receivables. The company is also forecasting payment of $500,000 from Body Composition Technologies via license payment.
Issue of Securities
- Recently, MYQ via a release stated the issue of 50,000 unlisted performance rights and 50,000 fully paid ordinary shares on 13 September 2019 and 7 October 2019, respectively.
- The issue price was nil for both unlisted performance rights and fully paid ordinary shares.
On the stock performance front, MyFiziq Limited last traded on ASX, flat at a price of $0.240 per share on 24th October 2019. It experienced a decline of 11.11% in the time frame of six months.
Adherium Limited (ASX: ADR)
Adherium Limited (ASX: ADR) is in the development, manufacturing and supply of its Hailie™ digital health technologies.
New Arrival on the Board
- ADR in its release dated 21st October 2019 announced the appointment of Mr. Matthew McNamara as a non-executive director. Mr. Matthew has an expertise of 25 years in the Healthcare & Medical Sciences sector.
- The date of appointment of the director was 18th October 2019.
Secured Notes Financing
- The company recently through a release announced the commitments received from existing shareholders, as well as new investors in order to subscribe secured notes amounting to $1.8 million.
- ADR would be looking for an approval of shareholder in November 2019 for the conversion features in the secured notes.
- When it comes to key terms for secured notes, it primarily includes an interest rate of 9 percent/year and all interest to be paid upon the earlier of conversion/ date of maturity.
- In case, where shareholder approval is not received by the company till 30th November this year, the interest rate would rise to 15 percent (as from the subscription date).
- The maturity date stands at 31 January 2020.
Decline in Use of Net Cash
- For the quarter ended 30th June 2019, the receipts for the quarter reached to $1,350,000, which consisted of $1,344,000 in customer receipts, and $6,000 in interest.
- The net cash utilised in the quarter ended on 30th June 2019 stood at $1,188,000 against net use of $2,142,000 in the previous quarter. The decline in net cash utilised in the period was primarily due to the nonrecurring costs noted in the March quarter as related to the re-organisation undertaken in December 2018.
On the stock performance front, Adherium Limited last traded flat at a price of $0.055 per share on 24th October 2019. It experienced a rise of 77.42% in the time frame of six months.
DroneShield Ltd (ASX: DRO)
DroneShield Ltd (ASX: DRO) is engaged in the development, commercialisation, along with sales of hardware and software technology for drone detection and security.
Issue of Securities
The company recently announced that on 18 October 2019, it has issued 45,000 fully paid ordinary shares at an issue price of 30 cents per share.
In another update, the company provided an update to the market participant by stating that Bradley I. Buswell has stepped down from the Board of Directors because of his outside public service commitments. The following picture provides an idea of results for the half-year ended 30th June 2019:
Winning of Contract
- As per the release dated 1st October 2019, the company announced that the Australian Department of Defence tender for portable unmanned aerial system detection devices has been conferred on the company.
- It was mentioned in the release that DRO won the contract after an open tender process. The secured contract is for around $700k and comprises of a blend of a yearly subscription component, as well as an initial purchase price. DRO anticipates delivering the products during the calendar year 2019.
On the stock performance front, DroneShield Ltd last traded at a price of $0.440 per share with a rise of 2.326% from its last close (as on 24th October 2019). It experienced a rise of 230.77% in the time frame of six months.
This website is a service of Kalkine Media Pty. Ltd. A.C.N. 629 651 672. The website has been prepared for informational purposes only and is not intended to be used as a complete source of information on any particular company. Kalkine Media does not in any way endorse or recommend individuals, products or services that may be discussed on this site. Our publications are NOT a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold. We are neither licensed nor qualified to provide investment advice.
There is no investor left unperturbed with the ongoing trade conflicts between US-China and the devastating bushfire in Australia.
Are you wondering if the year 2020 might not have taken the right start? Dividend stocks could be the answer to that question.
As interest rates in Australia are already at record low levels, find out which dividend stocks are viewed as the most attractive investment opportunity in the current scenario in our report.