Australia is a passionate sporting nation, and sports here plays an important role in connecting the society. In Australia, people and visitors from across the world enjoy sports, drama and excitement. Australia is a great place where people not only from Australia but across the globe come together and socialise over sports.
In the period between December and February 2020, Australia brings a variety of sports events. The upcoming event is on the next day of Christmas, i.e. on the boxing day where people can enjoy Rolex Sydney Hobart Yacht race.
2019 Presidents cup has started from 9 December 2019 and will close by 15 December 2019 at Melbourne Golf Club. In 2020, Adelaide will be hosting the Santos Tour Down Under cycling race which will start on 16 January 2020 with lots of entertainment within and around the city. Next in line is tennis, music and festival fun from 20 January 2020 to 2 February 2020 at the Australian Open in Melbourne. On 17 February and 18 February, there would a huge skateboarding competition at Bondi Beach and by end of February Australia would host ICC Women's T20 World Cup.
During the autumn season, the Adelaide 500 race would take place from 20- 23 March 2020 in South Australia, motor racing would take place at the Albert Park Formula 1 circuit in Melbourne. Rolex Australian Grand Prix and soccer A-League grand finale will take place during this season. Before the arrival of winter, World Surfing Championships would also be taking place.
Other than the sports events in Australia, Summer Olympics 2020 is also in line which would take place in Tokyo, with round 206 nations and more than 11,000 athletes participating in the same.
Physical fitness and wellness are important qualities required for an athlete, and the adoption of the technology has started changing lives on the sports and wellness front. Beginning with technological innovation, the advent of wearable devices has helped athletes in improving their performance.
In this article, let’s know about some of the sports technologies and some ASX listed companies engaged in sports technology and the products they offer.
A Glance at Recent Sports Technology:
A good athlete is one who possesses who has below features:
- He/she is never satisfied with the last performance and continues to work on enhancing their skills.
- Time management
- Emotionally mature
- Capacity to withstand fatigue
The advent of technology in the sports segment has facilitated these athletes in achieving their goals and pushing their limits. As highlighted above, fitness plays an important role for an athlete. The lack of fitness and precision can result in sub-par performance. One champion gets distinguished from the other even by the difference of a second.
With the rise in the number of sportspersons in this highly competitive world, through the application of cutting-edge technologies, an athlete can differentiate himself/herself from his/her competitors. In the era of digital technology, the way professionals in the field of sports play, train, coach, recruit and recover from the fatigue can be captured through the system and changes can be brought about by using advanced analytics as desired.
Some of the Devices in Sports Technology:
- Smart Sensors: The advent of the smart sensors have shifted the process of recording the metrics from paper and pen to recoding data via sensors, wearables and smart software which are driven by big data. The sensors, wearables and smart software capture the minutest details of the athlete’s performance, monitor their strain and exertion level and help these athletes to fine-tune their training methods.
- GPS training watch
- Board Shifting Water Balance Board forcing body to stay upright.
- Exercise bicycle
- Intelligent Fitness System which provides interactive video exercise driven by machine learning.
- Smart HD Touchscreen Treadmill
- Swimming Fitness Tracker provide heart rate and stroke analysis.
- Fitness Smart Watch
- Rowing machine
- Nanotech Shoes keeping athletes comfortable in all seasons.
- Wearable Soccer Data Tracker tracks speed, sprints and positioning while playing soccer.
- Portable Boxing Set which provides entire body the workout it needs like handgrips along with the straps for feet and waist.
Now let’s look at two such Australian companies in this field. The first is the list is Catapult Group International Ltd and Kitman Labs
Catapult Group International Ltd (ASX: CAT)
Catapult Group International Ltd (ASX: CAT) is an ASX listed company which develops technology that assists athletes and teams to perform to their actual potential. The company was established from an alliance between the Australian Institute of Sports and Cooperative Research Centres.
The company products include:
- Wearable Technology:
- Vector S7, G7 & X7 (CAT’s flagship wearable technology)
- Openfield Console (Customisable analytics platform for the use with ClearSky, Vector and OptimEye series)
- OpenField Cloud (cloud-based analysis using OpenField account)
- OptimEye S5 & X4 (Elite GNSS wearable technology)
- ClearSky T6 (Elite LPS wearable technology)
- OpenField+ Live (OpenField apps for iPad and iPhone)
- GPSports Console (Customisable analytics platform for use with EVO series)
- EVO (Elite GPS wearable technology)
- PlayerTek+ (PLAYERTEK system along with live data and heart rate)
- PlayerTek (Intuitive GPS wearable technology)
- Video Analysis
- User Guides
- Video Tutorials
- App Updates
- Athlete Management
- Checklists and all that is needed to start on Catapult AMS.
- Individual Profile
- Data Capture
- Strength and Conditioning
- Mobile and Tablet
- News and Updates
Kitman Labs the industry-leading sports analytics company has introduced the first athlete optimisation system in the world to enable the evolution of athlete performance. It would be for the first time all the data of a player will be processed as well as analysed in a single place. Data is collected using simple tools. Medical record of the athlete is linked to advanced analytics, and flexible reports and real-time risk alerts are provided.
The company uses Artificial Intelligence for increasing the performance and monitor health of an athlete. Many teams around the world in NFL, NBA, NHL, EPL, Bundesliga, AFL, NRL and many more are relying on the powerful insights provided by Kitman Labs to place their best team on the field and outperform the competition.
The company is established in professional sports arena as well as driven by some of the sharpest data scientists in the world, Kitman Labs is dedicated to constant innovation to solve the toughest challenges in human performance and reveal the links between performance, health, as well as training.
This website is a service of Kalkine Media Pty. Ltd. A.C.N. 629 651 672. The website has been prepared for informational purposes only and is not intended to be used as a complete source of information on any particular company. Kalkine Media does not in any way endorse or recommend individuals, products or services that may be discussed on this site. Our publications are NOT a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold. We are neither licensed nor qualified to provide investment advice.
There is no investor left unperturbed with the ongoing trade conflicts between US-China and the devastating bushfire in Australia.
Are you wondering if the year 2020 might not have taken the right start? Dividend stocks could be the answer to that question.
As interest rates in Australia are already at record low levels, find out which dividend stocks are viewed as the most attractive investment opportunity in the current scenario in our report.