Through 4 priority areas, we focus on the hire-to-retire journey of our workforce by:
- Enhancing the employee experience and the future of how we work together
- Cultivating an inclusive, diverse, and healthy workforce
- Enabling development at all levels and elevating the skills of our leaders
- Retaining talent through continuous listening to understand the unique needs of our employees and help them build trust and engagement with their leaders
This 4-pronged approach will continue to guide our focus and program development to support our team as they deliver on The Quest Way.
Bringing inclusion to life through training
A 4-part training—Everyday Excellence and Everyday Equity—was put in place in 2022 to foster inclusion as a core competency. Eighty-one percent of employees completed all 4 modules.
Employees who completed the training shared that they felt it would create a positive work environment and help to build trust between themselves and patients, customers, and colleagues.
“I love this module!! It helps to make for a pleasant and positive work environment when we’re working as a team to put our best foot forward with every encounter.”
“These modules are helpful not only for work situations but for committing to excellence and equity in all our relationships and teams.”
“The training was very enlightening as to how to increase the trust and inclusivity required to provide excellent service to our customers as well as mutual respect for our fellow employees.”
“We prioritize fostering a culture that supports our employees throughout their journey at Quest. Our colleagues are the engine that enables our company purpose of working together to create a healthier world, one life at a time.”
CECILIA K. McKENNEY, SVP, Chief HR Officer
Inclusion and diversity
- 59.7% of all management identify as female
- 36.4% of all management identify as people of color
- 76.7% of new hires identify as female
- 63.1% of new hires identify as people of color
At Quest, we employ people of different abilities, experiences, beliefs, and cultures—like the customers we serve. We strive to ensure that all our team members feel valued, invested in, and can progress in their career. In 2022, we took steps to demonstrate our commitment to a diverse workforce through learning and leadership development.
Inclusion & Diversity (I&D) is governed by our Inclusion & Diversity Council (QIDC). The QIDC is comprised of senior leaders who are committed to and enthusiastic about leading important discussions, identifying proactive initiatives, and expanding employee awareness of our Culture, Talent, Community (CTC) framework.
Create connection and foster belonging and inclusion to engage all employees, especially the front line
We introduced training and campaigns:
- Everyday Equity and Everyday Excellence: Custom trainings required for employees
- I&D training: Learning modules on cultural competency and respect
- Self-ID campaign: Voluntary employee disclosure on gender identity and sexual orientation to support understanding of the make-up and needs of Quest’s workforce
We continue to support and develop our Employee Business Networks:
- 10 EBNs
- 6,500+ active employees
- 13% of our workforce Read more about our EBNs.
Support and grow a diverse talent pipeline through personal and professional development
We invested in:
- Women in America and McKinsey Academy Partner programs: Development opportunities for women and underrepresented groups
- MentorQuest: A 12-month senior leader–led mentorship program designed to strengthen diversity in the leadership pipeline
Collaborate with organizations to contribute to the communities where we live and operate
We gave back to communities across the US:
- National Back-to-School campaign: Quest regional businesses and 10 EBNs donated backpacks and boxes of supplies to children, youth centers, and 12 schools across the US
- Fighting Hunger Campaigns: QuestCAN and other employees collaborated with Harvesters and Community Food Bank NJ to help fight hunger and poverty in Missouri, Kansas, and New Jersey; employees volunteered 200+ hours and donated 50,000+ meals
- Green Bronx Machine: Q4HE continued support of Green Bronx Machine, a nonprofit building healthy, equitable, and resilient communities through inspired education, local food systems, and workforce development. Over 10,000 students have been impacted by our grant in Trotwood OH, Denver CO, and New York NY.