- People speak of the worse consequences of the pandemic; however, there have been several learnings that one should focus upon.
- We have been self-absorbed about our growing society, which is not growing in so many ways.
- The real development consists of the environment’s wellness, human wellness, and overall society’s wellness.
It’s been more than 18 months since the COVID-19 pandemic hit. Life has taken drastic changes since January 2020. Some lost their loved ones, some lost their employment, some were stranded in different countries, and some locked themselves indoors. People speak of the worse consequences of the pandemic; however, there have been several learnings that one should focus upon.
Life in the modern capitalist world is fast and spontaneous. People keep rushing from one place to another, trying to reach a destination, which holds no meaning in longevity. Earning thousands of dollars and not utilising it to its utmost satisfaction is also one of the consequences of this fast-moving world.
The world was moving at its pace, and suddenly a small virus hit, and everything changed. How people meet, how governments hold their sessions, and how scientists perform their research has been altered by this invisible enemy- a tiny virus.
The coronavirus pandemic has shown drastic effects on the lives of thousands of people. However, it has also taught humanity several things that humans were ignorant of.
The following are some of those aspects that the coronavirus pandemic has made us realise:
- The weak society: Our human civilisation is so fragile. We boast of scientific, technical, and medical developments. However, from a bird’s eye view, we have created a vicious circle that looks humongous but is hollow in reality. How a little virus could disrupt the entire society is mind-boggling.
- The need to be health-conscious: In the capitalist world, we depend a lot on frozen and fast food; and do not realise how unhealthy such food items are for our human body. Eating home cooked and healthy food is essential to keep the immune system up to its optimum capacity.
Image source: © Fizkes | Megapixl.com
- Significance of human relations: Several families have been wholly disrupted amid the pandemic. People lost their partners, parents, and children. This comes as an eye-opener: how much do we need to acknowledge the significance of our relationships with our loved ones.
- Save for the better: Life is uncertain, and nothing could teach us this better than the pandemic. People who had an efficient amount of savings could save their families. Thus, no matter how much one’s monthly income is, they should always keep some amount aside for future’s uncertainties.
- The environment should be loved and cared about: Because of excessive capitalism, climate change is a triggering issue. The consequences of our day-to-day actions became quite visible as soon as the lockdowns were imposed during the early phase of the pandemic. For example, the air quality index became better worldwide more quickly as factories got shut and people stopped commuting.
ALSO READ: Is Pink Tax the real evil?
Humans have drastically affected the environment. Unfortunately, we have been self-absorbed about our growing society, which is not growing in so many ways. The biggest issue is that people have made materialistic wealth the criteria to measure our growth. However, the development consists of the environment’s wellness, human wellness, and overall society’s wellness.