The programme shows how the US market performance, crypto and commodities scenario sets the charter for the Australian market performance. Watch The Opening Bell on Kalkine TV and stay updated.
• Service Stream soared on acquiring Lendlease Services, a national service provider in the telecommunication, utilities and transportation sectors.
• Cloud-based communications platform Whispir rose on reporting annual recurring revenue growth to AU$53.6 million, as of 30 June 2021.
• Engineering and construction services provider CIMIC Group rose despite earnings update.
Its revenue climbed 10.6 per cent to AU$7 billion, but the net profit saw a decline to AU$208 million, from AU$317 million a year ago.
• Oil & gas explorer and producer Beach Energy traded up on 7 per cent uptick in quarterly revenue to AU$421 million.
• Investment company L1 Long Short Fund rose on registering an 8.8 per cent increase over the quarter, against the benchmark's 8.3 per cent.