The programme sheds light on the news that matters to the Australians. Know latest news on property, lifestyle and sports, healthcare and other important areas in this segment. Watch The News Beyond Markets on Kalkine TV and stay updated.
• Lockdown restrictions in the state capital Sydney would have to be extended beyond July 16, unless there is a "dramatic change", as the biggest rise in local cases was reported for the year.
• Moving on to a news update coming in from Australian banks that are providing new support packages to its customers. It offered dedicated assistance through a new support package announced by Bendigo Bank.
• The Federal Court of Australia made the ruling in May in response to a class action suit brought by eight teenagers.
• The expansion of Whitehaven Coal Ltd's Vickery Project in New South Wales state would contribute to climate change and endanger their future.
• Microsoft announced that Thales has won the Defence and Intelligence 2021 Microsoft Partner of the Year Award for the company's collaboration on the Nexium Defence Cloud Edge Solution.
• The Australian Olympic Team's Chief Medical Officer David Hughes has revealed an underground, purpose-built gym will be available for Aussie athletes in a bid to reduce potential exposure to COVID-19 at the Tokyo Games.
• Women have won five of Australia's eight gold medals in Brazil and 10 of the nation's 22 gold at the 2016 Paralympics .