Triangle Energy (Global) Limited (ASX: TEG) is an experienced oil producer & explorer, focusing on the highly prospective and underexplored Perth Basin. The Company owns a majority stake (78.75%) in flagship operation Cliff Head Oil Field and Arrowsmith stabilisation plant, which are the only offshore and onshore (operating) crude facilities in the basin.
Other TEG ventures –
- TP/15 joint venture (45% stake) with Norwest Energy (25%) and 3C Group (30%).
- 50% stake in L7 Mt Horner asset in the North Perth basin.
- Significant investment of A$ 25 million as of 4 February 2020 through a 33.34% stake in State Gas Limited (ASX: GAS).
A team with professionals holding a proven extensive and requisite expertise, both locally and globally, working in synergy can aid any company in establishing itself, further growing its position and maximising value addition to shareholders.
Let us peek into the team of Triangle Energy.
Driving Force Behind TEG – A Strong Board and Management Team
Timothy Monckton has over 25 years of experience in the stockbroking industry across multiple domains. His experience in the varied domains enables him to take multiple projects, revenue streams and verticals together to maximise output potential and establish the firm as a market leader from the underexplored Perth Basin.
Mr Monckton also served as Non-Executive Director of TEG from 17 July 2018 until his appointment as Non - Executive Chairman in March 2019. Earlier, he headed the Remuneration and Nomination Committee at Triangle and remains an active member of the committee.
Currently, he is an Equity Partner and Resources Sector Relationship Manager with Baillieu Hoist.
- 11 years with ABN AMRO/ Royal Bank of Scotland, where he led domestic sales (6 years) and then as Managing Director of Corporate Broking;
- He worked with Albert Abela Corporation and served as Chairman of Albert Abela Group UK.
Triangle Energy Strengthening Position in Underexplored Perth Basin: Read Here
Holding more than 20 years' experience in the corporate advisory and finance sectors, Robert Towner serves as Managing Director & CEO of Triangle Energy. He managed the Company’s transition to establishing an O&G project portfolio in Australia from operating Indonesia-based operating assets.
Mr Towner brings his long and extensive experience in the oil & gas sector and has been involved in various capital raisings across most of the geographies, spanning over three decades.
- Non-Executive Director, representing the Company’s interest on the Board of State Gas Limited;
- Non-Executive Director at Botanix Pharmaceuticals Limited;
- Non-Executive Director at Telethon Type 1 Diabetes Family Centre.
Serving as TEG Non-Executive Director, Edward Farrell has over 26 years of experience in the stockbroking and financial advisory domain.
At Triangle Energy, his responsibilities include providing corporate and global financial advisory services related to operational segments, and development projects, between Asia and Australia. He is a member of AIM (Australian Institute of Management), a Fellow of NIA (National Institute of Accountants) and a Justice of the Peace.
- Various directorships with private and public companies;
- Involved in capital raisings, IPOs and company reconstructions.
Holding Bachelor's degree in Geology and Master's in Petroleum Engineering, Jason Peacock has around eighteen years of O&G domain experience, spanning across reservoir engineering, production operations, and petroleum development sectors. He holds extensive experience in managing and leading both onshore and offshore exploration and development projects across multiple basins.
He is also an active member of the Remuneration and Nomination Committee at Triangle.
- Worked with Chevron in the North Sea and Shell in Asia;
- Asset Manager for the Tui Field and NZ Country Manager for Tamarind Resources Pte Ltd.
Mr Wong has more than 17 years of O&G experience, covering his role in the areas of process engineering, operations and asset management. He holds a PhD and master's in chemical engineering and joined Triangle in April 2018.
He is an active member of the Remuneration and Nomination Committee as well as heads the Audit Committee.
- Chief Operating Officer for Tamarind, managing operating segments alongside the regional leadership.
- Managed assets for two Malaysian PSCs;
- Led project development and CAPEX activity for Talisman/Repsol;
- Worked with Schlumberger's strategic advisory arm to aid several regional E&P players for strategic transformation and performance improvement programs.
Triangle Energy’s Cliff Head Oil Field Exceeds 1,000bopd: Read Here
Appointed as TEG Chief Financial Officer (CFO) in November 2019, Marvin Chan has over 19 years of experience in financial leadership positions in the O&G sector in the South East Asian and Australian geographies.
With Triangle Energy since February 2019, he is a CPA & Lawyer in the Philippines and a Fellow of the Certified Practising Accountants of Australia.
- Served as Financial Controller for Nido Petroleum Pty Ltd
Serving TEG since November 2017, Lucy Rowe has over 19 years' experience in several industries, including financial services, O&G and IT. She is an experienced compliance professional, holding PS 146 securities adviser accreditation, in addition to a GD (Graduate Diploma) in Legal Studies.
- For 6 years, she was CS with New Guinea Energy Limited;
- Company Secretary for several listed and unlisted public companies.
The highly skilled team of Triangle Energy justifies the Company’s success in developing and operating the Perth Basin’s only offshore and operating onshore infrastructure and would continue aiding the Company in developing further opportunities to establish an even stronger position in the basin.
On 5 February 2020, the TEG stock inched upward by 2.564% to A$ 0.040 with a market cap of A$ 14.07 million.
This website is a service of Kalkine Media Pty. Ltd. A.C.N. 629 651 672. The website has been prepared for informational purposes only and is not intended to be used as a complete source of information on any particular company. The above article is sponsored but NOT a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold the stock of the company (or companies) under discussion. We are neither licensed nor qualified to provide investment advice through this platform.