- Webjet reported AU$72.5 million in underlying group EBITDA in H1FY23.
- Webjet’s shares were trading over 7% higher on ASX at 11:06 AM AEDT today.
Today, the Australian airline company Webjet Limited (ASX:WEB) announced the financial results for the first half of the financial year 2023 (H1 FY23), reporting an underlying group EBITDA of AU$72.5 million in the same period.
Followed by the release of the H1FY23 update, Webjet’s share price went up by 7.473% on ASX to AU$6.04 per share as of 11:06 AM AEDT today (17 November 2022).
Meanwhile, in the last one year, Webjet’s share price declined slightly by 0.81% on ASX. However, on a YTD basis, its share price appreciated over 12% on ASX (as of 11:06 AM AEDT today).
Details of Webjet’s H1FY23 result:
- In H1 FY23, Webjet delivered a group underlying EBITDA of AU$72.5 million. Flight bookings in this half have bounced back to the pre-pandemic level.
- Webjet’s WebBeds global performance has driven the group result, as it delivered an EBITDA of AU$63.7 million in H1 FY23, with an EBITDA margin over 55% ahead of pre-pandemic levels.
- Webjet OTA flights market share has gone up 57% since the beginning of the pandemic.
- OTA flights have delivered an EBITDA of AU$21.4 million in H1FY23.
- Webjet’s GoSee delivered an EBITDA of AU$0.6 million despite a lack of inbound tourism and supply chain issues in its largest markets.
- In the given period, Webjet has generated AU$168 million in cash from operations.
- The company has repaid a term debt of AU$86 million term debt in H1FY23.
- Webjet’s WebBeds is progressing towards exceeding pre-pandemic profitability for FY23.
John Guscic, Managing Director, Webjet, said:
Webjet’s outlook for FY23:
Webjet said that WebBeds is likely to exceed pre-pandemic profitability in FY23. The company expects the EBITDA in H2 FY23 to exceed at least AU$10 million from that of the pre-pandemic levels.
On the other hand, Webjet expects its H2 FY23 profitability to be consistent with H1 FY23 for the B2C businesses, reflecting the macroeconomic environment.