$69 postpage LB

TPG and VHA’s possible merger takes a next move

  • August 30, 2018 05:13 AM AEST
  • Team Kalkine
TPG and VHA’s possible merger takes a next move

Following to the confirmation of exploratory merger discussion released on 22 August 2018, TPG Telecom (ASX: TPM) today, i.e. 30 August 2018, announced a proposed merger of equals transaction with Vodafone Hutchison Australia (VHA) in which TPG shareholders will own 49.9% of the new merged group while VHA shareholders will clench remaining 50.1% holding.

Gold MTF non-AMP

The merger will result in formation of fully integrated telecommunication operator in Australia. This combination of leading mobile operator VHA and TPG’s fixed line services will strengthen scale and financial muscle to the merged group, thus putting forward tough competition against Telstra and Optus. [optin-monster-shortcode id="wxhmli4jjedneglg1trq"]

The merger is said to be implemented via TPG Scheme of Arrangement with the new merged group to be called as “TPG Telcom Limited” having pro forma enterprise value of approximately $15.0 billion.

In the absence of better proposal TPG Directors unanimously recommend in favor of the scheme. The Board of TPG also indicated to distribute a fully franked cash special dividend to TPG shareholders prior to completion of the merger.

On the good news of proposed merger of highly complementary telecommunications companies, TPG’s shares soar 16.307% to $9.165 on 30 August 2018 (1:27 PM AEST).

Dividend Stocks To Buy

The Income available from dividends remains attractive for many investors.

We take a look at the best yields on the market and assess what they say about a company’s prospect.

One Thing is certain, though, Australia interest rates are still low, making income difficult to come by and keeping the focus for many investors on high yielding stocks. Kalkine’s team of analysts bought you handpicked report for “Top 25 Dividend Stocks For 2018.”

ASX-relevant Special Reports are published year-round to provide a detailed analysis into an investing opportunity or a potential risk to your portfolio.

Click here to get your free report.


The advice given by Kalkine Pty Ltd and provided on this website is general information only and it does not take into account your investment objectives, financial situation or needs. You should therefore consider whether the advice is appropriate to your investment objectives, financial situation and needs before acting upon it. You should seek advice from a financial adviser, stockbroker or other professional (including taxation and legal advice) as necessary before acting on any advice. Not all investments are appropriate for all people. Kalkinemedia.com and associated websites are published by Kalkine Pty Ltd ABN 34 154 808 312 (Australian Financial Services License Number 425376). website), employees and/or associates of Kalkine Pty Ltd do not hold positions in any of the stocks covered on the website. These stocks can change any time and readers of the reports should not consider these stocks as advice or recommendations.



The website https://kalkinemedia.com/au is a service of Kalkine Media Pty. Ltd. (Kalkine Media) A.C.N. 629 651 672. The principal purpose of the content on this website is to provide factual information only and does not contain or imply any recommendation or opinion intended to influence your financial decisions and must not be relied upon by you as such. Some of the content on this website may be sponsored/non-sponsored, as applicable, but is NOT a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold the stock of the company (or companies) or engage in any investment activity under discussion. We are neither licensed nor qualified to provide investment advice through this platform. In providing you with the content on this website, we have not considered your objectives, financial situation or needs. You should make your own enquiries and obtain your own independent advice prior to making any financial decisions.
Some of the images that may be used on this website are copyright to their respective owner(s). Kalkine Media does not claim ownership of any of the pictures displayed on this website unless stated otherwise. The images that may be used on this website are taken from various sources on the web and are believed to be in public domain. We have used reasonable efforts to accredit the source (public domain/CC0 status) to where it was found and indicated it below the image. The information provided on the website is in good faith, however Kalkine Media does not make any representation or warranty regarding the content, accuracy, or use of the content on the website.


We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. OK