- NOVONIX is an integrated developer and supplier of high-performance materials, equipment, and services for the global lithium-ion battery (LIB) industry.
- The Company is serving an anode market that is projected to grow from current US$3B to ~US$30B in the next 10 years, as per Avicenne Energy 2020.
- At the Benchmark Week 2020 Conference on December 7th, Dr. Chris Burns, CEO of Novonix, discussed why Novonix’s synthetic graphite outperforms competitors in head-to-head testing, and why customers are interested in Novonix.
ASX and OTCQX listed NOVONIX Limited (ASX:NVX) operates in the USA and Canada with sales in over 15 countries. The Company is progressing across multiple integrated business streams to cater to the breakthrough battery space. It is involved in advanced manufacturing of battery materials, R&D of next-gen battery materials, battery R&D and testing services as well as development and sales of advanced battery testing diagnostic technology.
At the Benchmark Week 2020 Conference on December 7th, Dr. Chris Burns, CEO of Novonix, discussed why Novonix’s synthetic graphite outperforms competitors in head-to-head testing, and why customers are interested in Novonix. The presentation is available HERE.
NOVONIX is rapidly advancing as per its stated mission: “Better and better battery technology. Faster, cleaner and cheaper; because the world needs it”. In this backdrop, let us walk through all that NOVONIX recently presented at the Benchmark Week 2020.
NVX shares are trading at A$1.125, up 2.3% during early trade hours on Friday.
Anode Materials Market Opportunity
Renewables and green energy demand are likely to drive battery materials growth 10x by 2030, as per Avicenne Energy 2020. Precisely, demand for synthetic graphite anode material is growing due to EV / ESS demand for long-life batteries (difficult to achieve with natural graphite).
Clearly, there is a huge market opportunity for anode materials which NOVONIX plans to tap.
NOVONIX Anode Material Advantage
EV & ESS cell makers need high-performance products, a low-cost structure, and a low environmental impact- areas that NOVONIX provides. NOVONIX’s anode material and process address all key customer decision points, including:
- A superior performing product with improved coulombic efficiency, cycle life and capacity retention compared to industry-leading materials.
- A globally competitive cost provided by a re-engineered process and globally competitive energy input.
- An environmentally-friendly process, with lower emissions and energy consumption than alternatives.
- The opportunity to diversify supply away from Asia.
Agreements & Growth Plans
The Company has Agreements with two of the world’s largest battery makers- SAMSUNG and SANYO. Notably, these manufacturers represent 40% of the global LIB market in 2018, as per Avicenne Energy.
As a part of SAMSUNG Supply Agreement and R&D Collaboration, initial supply of 500 tons of synthetic graphite anode material will shortly commence, subject to SAMSUNG’s required quality assurance processes.
As a part of SANYO Commercial Collaboration, the Non-binding MoU will assess anode materials and supply for EV and ESS after positive test results in Japan.
Leveraging strong connections with leading companies in the battery, auto, renewables and electronics, NOVONIX seems to be redefining the manufacturing processes to deliver lower costs, waste, and emissions. The Company is delivering the battery materials that the EV and renewables future needs and is the only company to break into this market (outside of Asia) with a tier-1 cell maker.