- David Gonski, the former chairman of Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited (ASX:ANZ), has joined LeapFrog Investments as a board member after servicing ANZ for 11 years.
- At present, David Gonski is also the Chairman of the UNSW Foundation along with holding several other directorship roles.
- Extending a warm welcome to David Gonski, founder and CEO of LeapFrog Investments Andy Kuper stated that LeapFrog would seize the historical opportunity of investing in innovative businesses, with support from Mr Gonski and other fellow global leaders.
David Gonski, the former chairman of Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited (ASX:ANZ), has joined LeapFrog Investments as a board member.
David Gonski Joins LeapFrog’s Leadership Council
Mr Gonski is also Chairman of the UNSW Foundation Limited along with serving at several other directorship roles. After mentoring the founder and CEO of LeapFrog Andy Kuper, for about 10 years, Mr Gonski will take up the new directorship role.
- The international advisory body at the LeapFrog leadership council already has some prominent names like Julia Gillard – former prime minister, Henri de Castries – former AXA CEO and Chairman, and Bharat Doshi – former director of the Reserve Bank of India.
- David Gonski believes that the investment firm represents a synergy between profit and purpose, and now he will be supporting LeapFrog’s leadership team.
Founded in 2007 by Andy Kuper, LeapFrog aims at raising funds for aiding projects in the healthcare and financial services space from private and institutional investors.
LeapFrog’s portfolio companies have experienced growth on an average of 32.8 per cent per annum since investment, reaching around 205 million people with healthcare and financial tools. With its unique business model, the investment firm has raised over $2 billion in a series of private equity funds, supporting ~ 127k jobs and livelihoods.
Andy Kuper now plans to invest in innovative businesses in order to reach ~ 1 billion people across emerging markets with essential services by the end of the year 2030.
TED Talk Brings Two Business Minds Together
David Gonski first met Andy Kuper in 2010 after taking a recommendation to watch Mr Kuper’s Ted Talk, which Mr Gonski describes as one of the best talks he had ever heard.
Furthermore, adding to his recent joining, Mr Gonski cited that LeapFrog is not philanthropy as doing good does not necessarily require philanthropy.
LeapFrog’s Achievements – An Impression on Gonski’s Mind
Mr Gonski noted that LeapFrog had raised over $2 billion from high-quality institutional and private investors. He added that over the years, he had seen the Company gaining strength, achieving considerable commercial success and significant social impact.
Andy Kuper Gives Warm Hearted Welcome
Extending a warm welcome to David Gonski, Andy Kuper stated that with the support of Mr Gonski and other fellow global leaders, LeapFrog would seize the historic opportunity to invest in innovative businesses in growing markets across the globe.