- The ASX 200 was up 0.25% or 18.7 points to 7,361.3 at the open.
- Seven out of the 11 sectors were trading higher with the Metals and Mining sector leading with a 0.3% gain
- Limeade, Inc received a notice of contract termination from American Airlines, worth a CARR of US$1.9 million.
The Australian share market opened on a positive note on Monday, as an uptick in local miners due to rising commodity prices seemed to have overshadowed worries over a potential default from China's debt-laden Evergrande. The ASX 200 was up 0.25% or 18.7 points to 7,361.3 in the opening session.
Image Source: Copyright © 2021 Kalkine Media
The Dow Jones rose 0.1%, to 34,798, while the S&P 500 gained 0.15% to 4,455.48. The NASDAQ Composite ended almost flat, falling 0.03% to 15,047.70.
How has the market performed so far?
By 10:30 AM AEST, the ASX 200 had gained further by 0.56% or 41.4 points to hit 7,384, supported by miners. The ASX All Ordinaries index was trading 0.43% or 32.8 points to 7,682.1.
Data Source: ASX Website (as of 27 September 2021, 10:30 AM AEST)
The top ASX 200 contributors in the early session were Beach Energy Limited (ASX:BPT) and The a2 Milk Company Limited (ASX:A2M), both gaining 2.95% and 2.8%, respectively. On the flip side, stocks that were losing momentum were Gold Road Resources Limited (ASX:GOR) and Perseus Mining Limited (ASX:PRU), both shedding 2.05% and 1.42%, respectively.
Coming to the market breadth, seven out of the 11 sectors are trading higher today. The Metals and Mining sector is leading with a 0.3% gain, followed by the Energy sector’s 0.18% rise. The IT and Healthcare sectors are among the losing ones for the day.
- Sigma Healthcare Limited (ASX:SIG)
- The company has initiated a takeover bid for Australian Pharmaceutical Industries.
- Under the conditional proposal, API shareholders would receive 35 cents in cash apart from 2.05 Sigma shares for each API share.
- After the takeover, API shareholders will own an approximately 48.8% stake in the combined company.
- Metal Hawk Limited (ASX:MHK)
- The company’s shares on the ASX will be placed under a trading halt from today.
- The management is to release an announcement regarding the material exploration results from its Berehaven Nickel Project.
- The securities will remain in trading halt until the earlier of 29 September 2021 or when the announcement is made.
- Limeade, Inc. (ASX:LME)
- The company has received a notice of contract termination from American Airlines.
- This termination, should it not be reversed, will come into effect from 1 January 2022.
- The Contracted Annual Recurring Revenue (CARR) associated with that contract is US$1.9 million.
- Silex Systems Limited (ASX:SLX)
- The company has announced an equity raising plan of approximately AU$33 million through an institutional placement.
- A AU$7 million capped Share Purchase Plan will also be offered to eligible shareholders.
- The funds would be used for working capital, scale-up of Zero-Spin Silicon production capacity, development of additional applications of the SILEX technology, etc.
- Castillo Copper Limited (ASX:CCZ)
- Castillo Copper has requested the ASX to put its shares under trading halt from today.
- The management is to release an announcement regarding the option to acquire two material exploration projects.
- The securities will remain in trading halt until the earlier 29 September 2021 or when the announcement is released to the market.