Horizon Minerals Limited – A New Standalone Gold Producer In The Kalgoorlie

  • Dec 11, 2018 AEDT
  • Team Kalkine
Horizon Minerals Limited – A New Standalone Gold Producer In The Kalgoorlie

MacPhersons Resources Limited (ASX: MRP) and Intermin Resources Ltd (ASX: IRC), both are mining companies based out in Western Australia engaged in gold, silver and zinc exploration projects within the Kalgoorlie region and the Menzies region. Currently, IRC possesses an estimated 562,000 ounces of gold reserve while MRP’s Boorara gold project, located 10 km east of Kalgoorlie-Boulder, have 507,000 ounces of gold, and the Nimbus project have 78,000 ounces of gold, 20Moz of silver and 104,000t of zinc.  

MRP and IRC have agreed to execute a merger agreement through a scheme of arrangement with a new name, Horizon Minerals Limited (subject to IRC shareholders’ approval). With the combined mineral resources of around 1.15Moz gold, it will lead to the formation of a monopoly gold producer in the Kalgoorlie region. The combined entity will have access to extract minerals over an area of 1,100 km square.

The Board of MRP unanimously recommends the merger with the best interest of the shareholders. IRC’s Managing Director Jon Price will lead the merged entity supported by a strong Board comprising of IRC’s Chairman Peter Bilbe and MRP’s Directors Ashok Parekh and Jeff Williams.

The merger will take place through an approved scheme of arrangement by the court and MRP’s shareholders. The scheme of arrangement states that each MRP shareholder will be entitled to 1 share of IRC for every 1.8227 shares of MRP. The merger accounts for a transaction value of $0.0825 per MRP share (based on IRC’s 30-day VWAP). The ratio of holding will be 55% owned by IRC and the remaining 45% by MRP. The tentative record date and implementation date is set to be in Early June 2019.

Jett Capital Advisors LLC is the corporate advisor, and Mills Oakley is acting as a legal advisor to the merger with Baker McKenzie acting as a legal advisor to MRP.

The combined asset base will possess an extensive portfolio of assets with high growth prospects in the WA goldfields. As indicated above, the combined entity will hold 562,000 ounces of existing estimated gold mineral resource close to the 507,000 ounces Boorara deposit; wherein Boorara gold project can provide baseload for a standalone plant in the Boorara area. Further, a pipeline of development projects has been identified, including the Goongarrie Lady open pit and the recently acquired Yarmany and Lakewood project areas which will be a focus for resource definition and new discovery drilling in 2019.

The combined entity, further, intends to start a study for the integrated development of the existing gold projects to become an emerging mid-tier gold production business.

The securities of both, IRC and MRP, were placed in a trading halt on 7 December 2018 and later announced about the merger scheme. MRP’s scrip price last traded at 8.2 cents with no change today whereas the IRC’s scrip price last traded at 15 cents with a 3.5% increase over the previous close of 14.5 cents. IRC has not been performing well from the past six months and is down by 12% while there is no change in the MRP’s scrip price.


This website is a service of Kalkine Media Pty. Ltd. A.C.N. 629 651 672. The website has been prepared for informational purposes only and is not intended to be used as a complete source of information on any particular company. Kalkine Media does not in any way endorse or recommend individuals, products or services that may be discussed on this site. Our publications are NOT a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold. We are neither licensed nor qualified to provide investment advice.


All pictures are copyright to their respective owner(s).Kalkinemedia.com does not claim ownership of any of the pictures displayed on this website unless stated otherwise. Some of the images used on this website are taken from the web and are believed to be in public domain. We have used reasonable efforts to accredit the source (public domain/CC0 status) to where it was found and indicated it below the image.


There is no investor left unperturbed with the ongoing trade conflicts between US-China and the devastating bushfire in Australia.

Are you wondering if the year 2020 might not have taken the right start? Dividend stocks could be the answer to that question.

As interest rates in Australia are already at record low levels, find out which dividend stocks are viewed as the most attractive investment opportunity in the current scenario in our report.

We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. OK