About Drone Technology: A drone is generally an unmanned aircraft that is made up of light materials to reduce its heaviness as well as to increase the mobility. A drone can be called as a flying bot, which can be controlled using a remote or through the software embedded in the system. It works in association with the sensors as well as GPS.
The advent of Drone came into the picture when Austria attacked Venice on 22nd August 1849, using unmanned balloons loaded with explosives.
Application of Drone Technology: Drone Technology is used in a diverse range of applications. The areas where drone technology proves to be immensely helpful include:
- Emergency response as well as disaster management.
- Preservation of vanishing spices
- Weather forecasting
- Waste Management
In this piece of article, let’s look at one of the ASX-listed drone technology company, which has recently launched its new drone product DroneGun MKIIITM. We will try to understand this product and the company’s outlook.
About the company: An industrial sector company, DroneShield Ltd (ASX: DRO) is a global leader in drone security technology. The company through its leading drone security solutions safeguard people, organisations as well as key infrastructure from the disturbance of drones.
DroneShield has a wide range of products, including:
- DroneGun Tactical
- DroneGun MKIII
- DroneCannon RW
- DroneShield Complete
Recent update: On 15th July 2019, DroneShield Ltd announced the release of its breakthrough new product, DroneGun MKIIITM after the extensive development based on the feedback received from the end users. From 15th July 2019, this product is made available to the qualified end users, where lawful.
Additionally, DroneGun MKIIITM has not been authorized as required by the federal communications commission and cannot be sold or leased in the US other than the US government and its agencies until any permission is obtained. Using this product by other person or entities as well as state or local government agencies is banned by federal law.
About DroneGun MKIIITM: DroneGun MKIIITM is a portable pistol-shape drone jammer of 2kg, which is designed to be a substitute for its highly successful DroneGun TacticalTM unit with a shorter effective range of 500m against 1-2km for DroneGun TacticalTM. This product can also be used along with other products of the company, which includes RfPatrolTM body-worn detection device as well as its multi-sensor detection system known as DroneSentinelTM stationary.
DroneGun MKIIITM is a compact, lightweight drone countermeasure, which is built for the purpose of the single handed operation and is highly effective as compared to an extensive range of commercially available drone models.
Features of DroneGun MKIIITM:
- DroneGun MKIIITM has a compact and robust pistol style design. It is made of durable polymer, and provides high levels of protection for use in severe environments. It has speedy release and potential to reload battery operation, with single point sling with ambidextrous attachment choices.
- Advanced Technology: The product is designed using advanced technology. It has combined electronic modules for compact application with power consumption controls using the software. NATO Military approved battery specs are being used in the product and it is ready for operation out of the box and does not require any software update.
- The product has an optimal User Interface and LED indicators for each enabled individual frequency band option. The LED indicators are ‘On’ for the enabled bands and ‘FLASH’ in case of any disruption. The low-profile selector buttons help in preventing accidental activation. MKIIITM comes with a warning LED indicator in case of any system error or low battery and has a stealth mode, wherein LEDs can be dimmed for the night operations.
- The product also has compact combined directional antennas, which are designed as well as adapted in order to support the rugged environments. These directional antennas help operators in effective directionality and a safe environment.
Benefits of DroneGun MKIIITM :
- Lightweight: As highlighted earlier, the product is lightweight (2kg).
- Effective Range Coverage: The product has effective coverage in a diverse range of environmental condition of up to 500 metres.
- Fully Integrated: The product provides a hand-gun style solution and operates on battery and is a single handed product.
- Easy to Use: The product requires minimum training and is highly portable.
- Immediate video Cease: Its mechanism hinders with any live video streaming back to the remote controller, stopping the video footage and intelligence by the drone operator.
- Investigation: The product also helps in forensic investigation.
- Added Frequency Bands: The product also has an option of disrupting various RF frequency bands at the same time.
Q2 FY2019 Highlights: The company reported a consecutive quarterly increase in the customer cash inflows. The total customer cash receipts for the quarter were $1,058,518, with a net cash burn of $166,321 during the period. The net cash and cash equivalents at the end of Q2 FY2019 were $1,561,961.
The company’s total cash outflow from the operating activities amounted to $312.479 million and $176.541 million through the investing activities. DRO reported a net cash inflow of $339.360 million through the financing activities, with the source of cash inflow in the form of borrowing.
Outlook: In the September 2019 quarter, the company expects a net cash outflow of $1,550,000, which will be in the form of research and development, product manufacturing and operating costs, advertising and marketing, leased assets, staff costs, administration and corporate costs as well as other expenses.
The company continues to see near-term sales pipeline and earlier has received an order worth $3.2 million of its products for a Middle Eastern Ministry of Defence client.
Stock Performance: The shares of DRO have generated a decent return of 19.23% in the last three months. At market close on 15th July 2019, the stock of DRO traded at a price of $0.150, down by 3.226%. Its 52-week high and low price stands at $0.205 and $0.090, with an average volume of 569,435. DRO has a market cap of $29.97 million and approximately 193.38 million outstanding shares.
This website is a service of Kalkine Media Pty. Ltd. A.C.N. 629 651 672. The website has been prepared for informational purposes only and is not intended to be used as a complete source of information on any particular company. Kalkine Media does not in any way endorse or recommend individuals, products or services that may be discussed on this site. Our publications are NOT a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold. We are neither licensed nor qualified to provide investment advice.