Australian resource explorer, Blina Minerals NL is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange with ASX code âBDIâ. The company already owns significant interests in Burkina Faso-based Diakouli Gold Project and Madagascar-based Maintirano Copper Project. In addition, the company has finalised the acquisition transaction with Colour Minerals Pty Ltd to obtain 50 per cent stake in the Barkly Gold-Copper Project.
In a recent update, the company has notified about initiating an RC (Reverse Circulation) exploration drilling program at the Barkly Projectâs most advanced prospect, the Bluebird Prospect.
Earlier on 30th October 2019, the company notified about the likely commencement of drilling program.
Key Details of Drilling Program
The RC exploration campaign will involve 1,320m of drilling over six drill holes to test the extensions of the high-grade mineralisation and down dip/plunge extensions at the Bluebird Prospect.
The focus of the drilling program will be on the Bluebird Prospect, a long gravity anomaly of 1.6km open to the east, whereby shallow geochemical drilling has determined a 600m long copper anomaly overlying a gold-copper-bismuth mineralisation zone.
The drilling program has been planned to review the following:
- The interpreted high-quality gold position on the lower ironstone contact;
- The spread of the primary bismuth-gold-copper mineralisation at depth; and
- The lateral lengths of the supergene enrichment zone.
Blinaâs key objective is to carry out further drilling at the Bluebird Prospect to estimate a mineral resource (JORC compliant) and ultimately to establish a mining project.
Previous Drilling Results
The Barkly project is located in the same geological province as WestGold Resources Limitedâs Rover project, presently being spun out to Castile Resources Pty Ltd, with strong investor interest in the Tennant Creek region.
Barklyâs highest priority prospect, the Bluebird Prospect has delivered significant Au-Cu-Bi mineralised intersections in a recent exploration drilling, as given below:
- BBDD-2: 20m at 8.17g/t Au, 0.61% Cu and 0.22% Bi from 157m, including 4m at 37.9g/t Au, 0.66% Cu and 0.80% Bi from 169m
- BBRC-5: 25m at 1.9% Cu and 0.3g/t Au from 69m, including 4m at 8.99% Cu and 1.06g/t Au from 74m
- BBDD0004: 16m at 3.02% Cu, 0.65g/t Au and 0.10% Bi from 139m, including 4m at 6.49% Cu, 0.74g/t Au and 0.18% Bi from 141m
- BBDD0005: 4m at 1.04% Cu, 0.55g/t Au and 0.04% Bi from 85m, including 1m at 3.45% Cu, 0.95g/t Au and 0.12% Bi from 86m
- BBRC0010: 11m at 0.98g/t Au, 0.68% Cu and 0.03% Bi from 77m, including 2m at 3.54g/t Au, 0.25% Cu and 0.06% Bi from 77m and including 1m at 3.45% Cu, 0.95g/t Au and 0.12% Bi from 86m
- BBRC0012: 31m at 2.48% Cu, 0.21g/t Au and 0.03% Bi from 116m, including 12m at 4.41% Cu, 0.23g/t Au and 0.02% Bi from 125m and including 1m at 11.50% Cu, 1.44g/t Au and 0.04% Bi from 142m
- BBRC0013: 14m at 1.31% Cu, 0.54g/t Au and 0.03% Bi from 162m, including 1m at 3.91% Cu, 0.78g/t Au and 0.02% Bi from 166m
The drilling indicated the mineralisation, starting at less than 50m below surface, is now defined to a depth of at least 150m vertically from surface and over a strike length of up to 120m. Follow-up Diamond Drilling (DD) and RC percussion at the Bluebird Prospect has proven Tennant Creek-style Au-Cu mineralisation.
Additional targets with identical geochemical and geophysical responses have also been detected along strike from the Prospect, with further exploration planned for future.
Blina informed that the systematic close-spaced exploration is planned to clearly define the grade and the geometry of the known mineralisation at the Bluebird Prospect. The company has also planned for additional drilling to test geophysical anomalies discovered in downhole probe surveys.
BDI traded last on 12th November 2019 at $0.001.
Take a Deep Dive into Blinaâs September Quarter Report Here
This website is a service of Kalkine Media Pty. Ltd. A.C.N. 629 651 672. The website has been prepared for informational purposes only and is not intended to be used as a complete source of information on any particular company. The above article is sponsored but NOT a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold the stock of the company (or companies) under discussion. We are neither licensed nor qualified to provide investment advice through this platform.