The Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) recently released unemployment figures for September 2019, highlighting the following:
- Unemployment rate fell by 0.1 percentage point to 5.2% in September in seasonally adjusted terms.
- New South Wales experienced the maximum rise in seasonally adjusted unemployment rate by 0.2 percentage point to 5%.
- Underemployment rate sank to 8.3%, witnessing a fall of 0.2 percentage point.
- Full-time employment rose by 26,200 to 8,847,200 people, while part-time employment fell by 11,400 to 4,096,900 people.
- Participation rate shrank by 0.1 percentage point to 66.1%.
There is no investor left unperturbed with the ongoing trade conflicts between US-China and the devastating bushfire in Australia.
Are you wondering if the year 2020 might not have taken the right start? Dividend stocks could be the answer to that question.
As interest rates in Australia are already at record low levels, find out which dividend stocks are viewed as the most attractive investment opportunity in the current scenario in our report.