AGL Energy Limited (ASX: AGL) anticipates the underlying profit after tax to be in the range of $780 million to $860 million for FY20.
The factors exerting pressure on the company’s financial status include:
- Impact of the Loy Yang Unit 2 unplanned outage- $80 to $100 million
- About $70 million depreciation expense form recent investments
- The fall in LREC prices, anticipated to fall further in FY20
- Lower wholesale electricity prices, which AGL anticipates to average further low against FY19
- Higher fuel costs and new DMO and VMO
There is no investor left unperturbed with the ongoing trade conflicts between US-China and the devastating bushfire in Australia.
Are you wondering if the year 2020 might not have taken the right start? Dividend stocks could be the answer to that question.
As interest rates in Australia are already at record low levels, find out which dividend stocks are viewed as the most attractive investment opportunity in the current scenario in our report.