Australian Health Care is a dynamic sector with a potential to generate significant profits in the least amount of time, something, what investors eye for, while pouring cash in Stocks. In this article we will be digging into four Health Care Stocks, that are currently under the discussion concerning their latest developments updated on Australian Stock exchange including trading halt, interim half-yearly financial results, management changes and FDA clearance.
Let’s zoom straight into the recent updates of these stocks.
Memphasys Limited (ASX: MEM)
An Australian publicly listed, Memphasys Ltd is a bio-separations company that is engaged in the development and commercialisation of ground-breaking separation techniques using MEM’s patented membrane technology.
Memphasys’ first application includes separation of the ‘best’ sperm from a semen sample to be used in human in vitro fertilisation (IVF), utilising this technology platform, is currently in the process of commercialisation.
Response to ASX Price Query
In response to a request made by Australian Securities Exchange, under listing rule 18.7 regarding the change in the price of MEM’s securities noted by ASX was from a low of $0.068 to an intra-day high of $0.084 dated 07 October 2019. Further, regarding the significant surge in MEM’s securities volume traded on the same day, the company provided an ASX update on 08 October 2019.
As per the update, with respect to the question of whether MEM is aware of any information concerning the changes in securities prices, as well as increase in securities volume which has not been updated to the market, the company responded that the board and management of MEM are not aware of any information regarding the same. It was further reported that MEM has not made any announcement to the market on earnings guidance since it continues to be in the development phase of its FELIX device.
Pause in Trading
Dated 08 October 2018, the Company informed the market that there would be a temporary pause in trading of its securities, pending a further announcement.
Operational Update on Felix Device
Dated 12 September 2019, MEM released a notice regarding an operational update on the product development and commercialisation of its unique Felix device.
- Advancements have taken place in the current quarter regarding key product development, as well as in research and regulatory activities.
- By the quarter end, limited production of Felix devices is going to occur and limited cartridges are to be manufactured.
- On completion of limited production of Felix Device comprising of consoles and fully disposable cartridges, MEM would achieve a significant milestone during the remainder of the quarter.
- Production of 1st batch of 500 cartridges by cartridge manufacturers W&S Plastics (“W&S”) and 25 consoles by console manufacturer, SRX Global is under the planning phase.
- Verification and validation process would take place concurrently, with the rolling out of 1st production batch of the device. This would be tested under the Key Opinion Leader (“KOL”) assessment program, scheduled to start in the end of September 2019.
- CE Mark application expected to be submitted in the current quarter.
- FDA application expected to be lodged in Q1 2020.
- Possibility of commercial sale of Felix in mid to late 2020.
On 11 October 2019, MEM’s stock was trading at $0.088 (at AEST 12:43 PM), going up by 4.762%. The market capitalisation of the company stands at $52.1 million, with ~620.28 million outstanding shares. MEM’s shares generated a significant return of 265.22 % on a six months basis.
Oneview Healthcare PLC (ASX: ONE)
Oneview Healthcare Plc provides a software platform to deliver the care experiences, the health care system and seniors need, thus providing personalised, exemplary care, to a level of winning and retaining its customers.
Rise of 48% in Recurring Revenue- 2019 Half Year Results Highlights
- Oneview Health Plc recognised a recurring revenue growth of 48% amounting to €2.12 million ($3.46 million) as compared to €1.43 million ($2.31 million) from the previous corresponding period.
- Total revenue depreciated by 4% valued €3.55 million ($5.75m) in comparison to €3.71 million ($6.00 million) on pcp.
- Operating expenses of the company were at €9.80 million, realising a decline by 19% vs €12.15 million.
- Cash receipts from customers amounted to €5.8 million, reflecting a growth of 52% over prior corresponding period.
- Employee cost has been reduced to €6.7 million from €8.2 million, demonstrating a decline by 19 % on pcp as a result of decrease in period end headcount from 153 to 127, (-17%).
- A decrease of 19% in total overheads on pcp.
- Net finance income/costs for 1H19 comprisesd of FX losses standing at €0.058 million versus FX gain valued at €0.167 million for 1H18.
- Oneview held €18.08 million net cash on hand, with the net monthly cash burn of €1.35 million at June 2019, down from €1.45 million over the PCP.
- The company raised €15.91 million equity, prior to transaction costs.
Source: Company Presentation
ONE’s stock last traded at a price of $0.275 on 9 October 2019. The market capitalisation of the company stands at $47.54 million with ~172.89 million outstanding shares. ONE’s shares generated a negative YTD return of 51.75 %.
Biotron Limited (ASX: BIT)
Sydney headquartered, Biotron Limited is involved in the research, development, and commercialisation of novel antiviral therapies targeting several viral diseases with significant unmet medical need. The company has a robust clinical development program with BIT225 as its lead candidate, which, currently, is in its mid?stage for HIV-1 and HCV (Hepatitis C virus) infections treatment.
Expert Scientific Advisory Board Appointed for BIT225
- In an announcement dated 01 October 2019, the company’s directors provided an update to the market regarding the appointment of an Expert Scientific Advisory Board (SAB) to provide guidance towards Biotron’s key Phase 2 HIV-1 clinical development program.
- Biotron’s antiviral program is backed by the support received from key opinion leaders, academics and industry participants, this would further be augmented by this newly established group.
- The SAB is an international group of experts highly respected by academia and industry and has an extensive experience in advising pharmaceutical industry on novel treatment strategies including the clinical development of HIV-1 therapies.
- Professor Robert L. Murphy who is the Executive Director, Institute for Global Health in Chicago, will chair the SAB. He has also been the medical (advisor) for BIT’s antiviral programs from the past many years.
Biotron Completed Significant Milestones during 2018-2019
- Promising results from the company’s pivotal Phase 2 BIT225 HIV-1 clinical trial.
- Data from the trial of BIT225 HIV-1 was introduced at the 2018 conference (Emerging Virusus) held in Miami, FL, in the USA and obtained the Conference’s last year Poster Award.
- Professor S. Locarnini was hired for the designation of Director (non-executive).
- During the financial year, $6.0 in capital was raised from the exercise of company options.
BIT’s stock was trading at at $0.075 as on 11 October 2019 (at AEST 1:54 PM). The market capitalisation of the company stands at $45.9 million with ~596.05 million outstanding shares. ONE’s shares generated a negative YTD return of 33.04 %.
IMEXHS Limited (ASX: IME)
IMEXHS Limited is a leading imaging Software as a Service (SaaS) and ancillary service provider which was established in 2012, famous for bringing novelty in the imaging solutions market. Hiruko is IME’s branded suite of solutions for next-generation PACS and integrated RIS.
IME introduced its foremost customer from Australia
On 11 October 2019, IME notified the market that its distributor from Australia, namely, CrossPoint has inked its first consumer from the Australian region- CMU Holdings Pty Ltd, which is a mobile radiology service, which encompasses Newcastle and the Hunter Valley area.
Resignation of IMEXHS Chairman
Recently dated 08 October 2019, IMEXHS Limited announced changes in the company’s Board revealing further the resignation of IMEXHS Chairman Tom Pascarella. It was reported that this resignation was accepted by the company’s Director relating to his other business commitments. Tom Pascarella’s resignation from IME’s Board will be effective either from 30 November 2019 or upon the appointment of a new Chairperson, whichever is the earlier.
IMEXHS received FDA Clearance for Hiruko Essential
- Earlier in August 2019, the company received clearance notice from FDA allowing the commercialisation of Hiruko Essential software suite in the USA market, which is world’s biggest market for PACS and RIS software sale.
- Receiving FDA clearance is an important landmark completed by IME in its global development pathway and recognition.
- This further paced up the company’s strategy to enter the American market.
IME’s stock was trading at $0.045 on 11 October 2019 (at AEST 2:06 PM), up by 2.273%. The market capitalisation of the company stands at $42.73 million with around 925.66 million outstanding shares. ONE’s shares generated a return of 91.30% on the past six months basis.
This website is a service of Kalkine Media Pty. Ltd. A.C.N. 629 651 672. The website has been prepared for informational purposes only and is not intended to be used as a complete source of information on any particular company. Kalkine Media does not in any way endorse or recommend individuals, products or services that may be discussed on this site. Our publications are NOT a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold. We are neither licensed nor qualified to provide investment advice.