• Gold tends to perform well during economic downturns being the oldest safe haven asset
• World Gold Council has projected the gold demand to revive this year
• Gold, which is considered as an investment avenue for diversification, has seen high demand among investors in 2020 because of the uncertainty in the stock markets. The yellow metal was trading at around $1,500 per ounce at the beginning of 2020, while it surged by 25 per cent reaching $1,882 an ounce at the end of the year. According to the World Gold Council, the gold demand is set to revive this year after it touched its lowest last year.
• An investor should focus on both the risks as well as the returns. The potential strategy to avoid losses should be to diversify the portfolio. 5 Best Gold Stocks in the UK
• Altyngold Plc (LON: ALTN)
• Altyngold Plc, earlier known as Altyn PLC is a London-based mining company, which is involved in in the production of gold ore.
• In the Q3 results for FY 2020, there was a 38 per cent increase in the revenue of the company compared to the previous quarter, resulting from the clawback of accruals and higher gold prices.
• Greatland Gold Plc
The UK-based gold mineral exploration and mining company has started with early work activities in the Havieron Project in Western Australia last week. The mining lease for which was granted to the company in September 2020.
Eurasia Mining Plc
Eurasia Mining Plc is well-positioned financially, recording revenue of £48,012 for half-year ending 30 June 2020 (30 June 2019: £13,316) and raised US$10 million through Institutional Placing in the six-month period.
Thor Mining PLC
The AIM-listed resource company had sometimes back announced that it had completed the acquisition of the further licence for the areas adjoining the Ragged Range in Western Australia’s Pilbara region.
In the half-yearly results published by the company for the six months ending 30 June 2020, the total gold produced increased 42 per cent to 320.6koz