Twitter has reported an outstanding Q4 in its extraordinary year 2020.
• The social media giant delivered a record revenue in the last quarter of 2020.
• The company is hoping that the pandemic situation will continue to improve, and revenue would grow faster than the expenses. 2020 revenue stood at USD 3.72 billion, representing an increase of 7% year over year.
Revenue for the last quarter of the year was USD 1.29 billion, an increase of 28%. Why US Markets Ended Flat For Second Straight Day?
Major US stock indices ended lower for the second day in a row on Wednesday as investors appeared to have extended their break after some turbocharged market sessions recently.
• The S&P 500 was down 0.03% to 3909.88, while the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.20% to 31437.80. The NASDAQ Composite Index shed 0.25% to 13972.53.
• Apple, Cisco, Microsoft, Coca-Cola, and Sundial Growers, among top volume movers; General Motors reports net profit of $2.85 billion in Q4.
• Technology, healthcare, real estate, and financial sectors dominate the session. Heineken To Cut 8,000 Jobs as FY20 Net Profit Slumps Nearly 50%
• Heineken NV has announced to cut as much as 8,000 jobs as a part of organisation redesign.
• Due to the Covid-induced backlash and sluggish demand across the globe, Heineken had reported a major dip in the profitability.
• The timeliness of restructuring is likely to vary, subject to the specific circumstances of each of the local operations.