Scientists at the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) were in an ecstasy of joy after the Perseverance Rover made a historic landing on Mars last week. NASA is expected to release some of the rare photos of the landing and nearby areas taken by satellites over the next few days.
• NASA’s Perseverance Mars Rover lands on a crater close to an ancient river delta.
• The robot to collect evidence of past life and relay pictures and videos from the planet.
Fishing in troubled waters: Illegal fishing in NZ thrives amid pandemic Fishing is an important primary industry and is an important source of food for most Kiwis. The COVID-19 lockdowns turned into an opportunity for illegal fishing. In fact, for the early settlers, it was the main source of food. New Zealand is also blessed with the largest area and seabed in the world and it’s better than many countries from sustainability and health’s point of view.
• COVID-19 lockdowns lead to increased illegal fishing activity.
• Naval Patrolling on the seas also takes a backseat due to lockdowns.
What’s all the buzz about Cryptocurrency? Is it boosting economy?
The journey of cryptocurrencies has progressed from being an obscure trend to becoming an extraordinary means of investment. The initial doubts surrounding cryptocurrencies have long been snuffed out with the arrival of new entrants like Litecoin, Ethereum, Tron and the internet’s latest favourite “Dogecoin”.
• From an internet fad to becoming a promising investment option, cryptocurrencies have come a long way.