Source: whiteMocca, Shutterstock
The investors are always curious to know the Company’s affairs, their day-to-day workings, announcements, change in management and other updates released by the companies on a regular basis.
Source: Copyright © 2021 Kalkine Media Pty Ltd
Let us take a quick look at the major updates of the 7 NZX listed stocks.
TruScreen Group Limited
Source: © Jirsak | Megapixl.com
In a major announcement by TruScreen Group Limited (NZX:TRU) on 26 February 2021, there has been a change in the management role in Company.
- The services of Victoria Potarina, CEO has been terminated with immediate effect. Tony Ho, Chairman of Truscreen, thanked Potarina for her contribution towards strengthening the position the Group in technology and service delivery areas.
- Instead, Juliet Hull, a Non-Executive Director of the Company, will now take on charge as the Interim Chief Executive Officer. An MBA graduate from Macquarie Graduate School of Management, Hull was earlier working with Johnson & Johnson New Zealand as the General Manager and Country Director.
On 26 February 2021, by the end of the trading session TRU stock was down by 8.6% at $0.085.
Fonterra Co-operative Group Limited
The multinational dairy company, Fonterra Co-operative Group Limited (NZX:FCG), will be making an interest payment on 12 April 2021 (record date of which will be 1 April 2021) on its unsecured subordinated perpetual Capital Notes.
It has also provided an update on Global Dairy for February 2021.
- The Group has confirmed NZ’s production to be steady and well placed with the last 12 months.
- Exports to Australia and EU have increased while to NZ and the US have gone down.
- Monthly imports for December 2020 to China up 18.6% on pcp and whereas there has been a decrease of 12% for November 2020 on pcp in the imports to Middle East & Africa.
- FCG’s milk collection for January 2021 in the country has gone down 0.8%, 1,071 million kgMS on pcp. On the other hand, its Australia milk collection saw a climb of 4.5%, 9.7 million kgMS as compared to last season.
- The Group also stated that New Zealand milk is the world leader when it comes to the lowest carbon footprint.
On 26 February 2021, by the end of market close, FCG stock was down by 0.20% at $5.020.
Financial Company, AMP Limited (NZX:AMP), has announced on 26 February 2021, that it would be entering into a strategic joint venture of A$2.25 billion with Ares Management Corporation for AMP Capital’s private markets businesses (including infrastructure equity and debt, real estate and other minority investments).
- According to the deal, Ares would take charge of management control and obtain 60% for A$1.35 billion of private markets while AMP will keep the remaining 40% (A$0.90 billion).
- This JV would enhance the growth of private markets, thereby benefitting from Ares' brand and global presence and increase in value for AMP shareholders.
On 26 February 2021, by the time market closed, AMP stock was up by 6.08% at $1.57.
The a2 Milk Company Limited
Source: Copyright © 2021 Kalkine Media Pty Ltd
On 26 February 2021, The a2 Milk Company Limited (NZX:ATM) announced a change in its management:
- Independent non-executive director, Jesse Wu, has taken retirement w.e.f. 26 February 2021. David Hearn, Chair of the Board, praised Jesse Wu for his immense contribution in the Company’s growth. Hearn further stated that Jesse Wu would now be assuming charge as special advisor to the Chair and ATM would continue to benefit from his immense knowledge and wisdom.
- Bessie Lee has taken charge as an independent non-executive director of the Company w.e.f. 26 February 2021. Recipient of numerous industry awards, Bessie Lee has also been awarded the prestigious “The Most Innovative Person in Business in 2019” by the International Entrepreneurs, Creatives, and Innovators Association (IECIA).
On 26 February 2021, by the end of the market session, ATM stock was up by 3.75% at $9.69.
The Bankers Investment Trust Plc
In the recent update, The Bankers Investment Trust Plc (NZX:BIT) announced a first interim dividend at 0.538p per ordinary share of 2.5 p each with regards to the year closing in October 2021 to be paid on 28 May 2021 for the year ending 31 October 2021.
Further, BIT’s shares will go ex-dividend on 29 April 2021, depicting 0.56% rise with respect to the payment of the first interim dividend in 2020.
The Bankers Investment last traded at $20.95 on 25 February 2021.
Me Today Limited
NZ’s health and wellness Company, Me Today Limited (NZX:MEE), announced the renewal and expansion of its distribution agreement with Green Cross Health. Green Cross Health has 360 Unichem and Life pharmacies across the country, while MEE is presently loaded in 280 stores.
The settlement with Green Cross Health would aim at providing security of distribution throughout its channels, providing further in-store presence and shelf space to all the existing as well as the new products for FY22, 23 & 24 financial years and facilitating in-store training and promotional activities.
On 26 February 2021, MEE stock last traded flat at $0.078.
The Warehouse Group Limited
NZ’s leading general merchandise retailer, The Warehouse Group Limited (NZX:WHS) declared its trading guidance for 1H FY21.
As per the updated earnings guidance, the Company’s adjusted NPAT is anticipated to exceed $110 million versus $46.2 million on pcp. WHS’ trading gross margin is likely to increase by around 185bps on pcp’s guidance of 170 bps. The Warehouse Group’s concluding cash was $183 million as compared to $168 million noted in FY20’s closing cash amount.
On 26 February 2021, at the time of writing, WHS stock was down by 0.88% at $3.370.
(NOTE: Currency is reported in NZ Dollar unless stated otherwise)