As per Dr David Clark, Health Minister, the NZ Government shall offer more assistance to pharmacies, testing labs, midwives, and call centres who all helped to deliver essential health services in the time of COVID-19 outbreak.
The funding package comprises of:
- $37 million for COVID-19 testing;
- $14.8 million to support the National Telehealth Service;
- $18 million for 365 critical community pharmacies;
- $10 million for DHB ventilator and respiratory equipment;
- $7.33 million to support hospices;
- $5.48 million in funding for midwives.