- The Winter Olympics 2022 will kick start on February 4 and will continue till February 20.
- Top athletes of this season have had inspiring journeys, hail from small villages and have risen to become world leaders in their respective sports.
- The Covid-19 countermeasures for the Olympic Games Beijing 2022 have been developed considering the reality of the current environment and support the participants.
The Winter Olympics 2022 will take place in Beijing. The sports gala will kick start on February 4th and will continue till February 20th. So, as we soon reach the long awaited Winter Olympics , here is the list of the top athletes to watch this season.
- Dave Ryding: Dave won Britain's first Gold at Alpine World Cup recently. Now he is targeting the Winter Olympics. This season will be Dave’s fourth Winter Olympics. He is a 35-year-old athlete, specialising in slalom. After Dave’s astonishing World Cup victory, all eyes are lying ahead to watch his performance in this year's Winter Olympics.
- André Höflich: André is the halfpipe rising star from Germany. He is Germany’s best halfpipe snowboarder. Born in 1997, André got into the Army to fund his training and drew on former half-pipe gold medallist Nicola Thost to support him and give him the mental strength he needed to perform at the highest level. The little boy who grew up in a very small village in Germany now aspires to win the snowboarding battle in the upcoming Winter Olympics.
Source: © Icefields | Megapixl.com
- Aleksander Kilde: Aleksander is a Norwegian ski racer. The man has lived under the guidance of Aksel Lund Svindal and Kjetil Jansrud. In 2019, Aleksander got famous as he won the overall World Cup two years running. However, unfortunately, later he got a ligament tear, which resulted in a significant training crash. After all the ups and downs, Aleksander is back on top focussing to win Gold at the upcoming Winter Olympics.
- Francesco Friedrich: Francesco is a bobsleigh legend hailing from Eastern Germany. The sportsman has an inbuilt fighting spirit. He is the youngest world champion. In 2018 at PyeongChang he won a double gold medal in the 2- and 4-man bobsleigh event. Now, for the Winter Olympics, Francensco is aspiring to make a world record of achieving both the titles.
- Gus Kenworthy: Gus is a freestyle skier. He is world-famous for his successful performances. Additionally, in 2015 Gus came out as a homosexual, becoming world’s first extreme sport athlete to do so. Following his announcement, Gus received thousands of negative comments, however, he never let his emotional and mental health get weakened because of this. This Winter Olympics will be Gus’s last one and he will be representing his birth country, Great Britain.
These are the top athletes to watch in the upcoming Winter Olympics 2022. Each of them has had inspiring journeys, coming from small villages, and rising to become the world leader in their respective sports. However, there are many other brilliant athletes as well, however these five count at the top according to the International Olympics Committee.