This is The Stocks in Action show. Let’s have a look at ASX 200 and the ASX listed stocks that are trending today.
• The top performing stocks in this index are EML PAYMENTS up 4.86 per cent and AMP, up 4.69 per cent.
• Victoria’s Acting Premier James Merlino, Health Minister Martin Foley and chief health officer Brett Sutton held a press conference at 11am declaring a One-week COVID-19 Lockdown in Victoria.
• Chinese steel and iron ore prices tumbled after the Shanghai Futures Exchange vowed to look into "abnormal transactions”, further strengthening the government's ongoing quest to temper commodity inflation.
• A Dutch Court has asked oil giant Royal Dutch Shell Shell to cut emissions by 45 per cent by 2030.
• Real-time software firm Vection Technologies announced that Toshiba Tec Italia SpA has started the commercial distribution of the Company’s Mixed Reality software portfolio.
• Apiam Animal Health has made strategic acquisition of three Queensland-based veterinary businesses for a total combined consideration of $6.7 million.
• The REA Group has confirmed with Mortgage Choice that it has written approval from the Foreign Investment Review Board (FIRB) that the Commonwealth has no objections to the proposed acquisition of Mortgage Choice by REA Financial Services, a wholly-owned subsidiary of REA.
• Wide Open Agriculture announced on Thursday that after a three-month intensive research program led by Curtin University and food scientist and co-inventor of the lupin technology.