The programme touches upon price-sensitive announcements during early trading hours in the Australian market that would impact stock movement. Watch The Stocks in Action on Kalkine TV and stay updated.
• Shares of ASX-listed clinical-stage biotechnology firm PharmAust, were trading in red. The company announced an update on its patent applications for the use of monepantel in viral diseases on Thursday.
• The wireless tech company, Etherstack, is trading up by more than 4.8 per cent. It shared on Thursday that its subsidiary, Etherstack Wireless has signed an AU$11.6 million deal with South Korea based electronics company Samsung.
• Shares of Zip were trading down, post the company shared its quarter 4 results for the period ending 30 June 2021 on Thursday. Zip agreed to acquire the remaining shares in Europe based Twisto Payments and Middle East based Spotii.
• The share price of WAM Global, was trading up after the Company declared a final dividend of 5 cents a share. It is equivalent to a grossed-up dividend yield of 5.4 per cent on yesterday's share price of AU$2.65. The dividend will be paid November 4.
• Last up is Resource Giant, BHP Group. The share price of the company gained 3.006 per cent to reach AU$51.390 per share in the morning on an announcement. BHP Group has signed an agreement to supply nickel to Tesla.